the knock.

a/n: i love this drama so much 😭

Jennie watched Taeyong with watchful eyes from her seat in the living room

Jennie watched Taeyong with watchful eyes from her seat in the living room. He caught onto her hawk-like gaze, scrunching his face at her in confusion.

"Your face looks ugly when you do that." He remarked, sticking his hand into a bag of chips. Jennie gasped, and slapped him in response.

"Yah!"

"What's your problem?"

"I have no problem." She scoffed back. "I just saw you talking to a girl at the coffee shop yesterday."

"You were there?" Taeyong's eyes widened. Jennie rolled her eyes again.

"How come you didn't say hi?"

"I don't know Taeyong," She drawled. "It just seemed like you were too busy flirting so I didn't want to bother!"

He craned his head back, surprised again by her shrill tone. "Geez woman, I ask again, what's your problem?"

"I'm disappointed. I thought you were gay this whole time."

He shrugged. "Now that's your problem. I never gave you those kind of ideas."

It was eleven o'clock. Why was he still here? Jennie didn't mind though, Taeyong was probably bored, considering it was a Friday night.

"Well..." She forced a small smile, trying to conceal her newfound excitement for the guy. "Who is this girl? I didn't get a load of her face?"

"She works there." He started, sitting cross legged across from the brunette. Taeyong tousled his dark rooted hair.

"I met her a few months ago. She's...interesting. Her name is Kang Seulgi by the way."

"Oh, Seulgi. That's a pretty—" Jennie gasped involuntarily, cutting herself off.

Kang Seulgi? Damnit she should've guessed it from the start!

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Nothing!" Jennie reassured quickly, her voice gaining in octaves. Taeyong raised an eyebrow.

"Are you sure—"

"Yes! Absolutely positive!" She shrieked yet again, nudging his shoulder roughly. Taeyong winced, shooting her a estranged look. Jennie shrugged it off.

Then to add to her current awkward mess, Jennie heard the doorbell ring. Taeyong shot up from his seat, eager to answer.

Jennie was about to let him, when something in her gut warned her.

"No! Wait Taeyong, let me check!" She shoved him out of her way violently, he crashed into the wall.

"Woman, what the hell is your problem?" He yelled, rubbing again at his shoulder in pain.