the break-in.

"It's a wonder that you've been living here for so many years, and yet you don't have a car

"It's a wonder that you've been living here for so many years, and yet you don't have a car."

"I never bothered to get my license, dumb ass." Jennie fired back, ignoring Taeyong's signature eye roll. "But now that you mention it, maybe I should."

"Yes, for sure. I would have thousands in gas money if you paid me for every time I drove you somewhere."

"Shut up. That's an exaggeration."

He shrugged. "Give me proof and then I'll take back my statement."

The brunette turned her head to the window, foot unconsciously tapping to the beat of the music he currently played in his car. Taeyong let out an exhale, hands drumming against the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" Jennie shifted her eyes back to him. "You seem tense."

"Me? I'm fine." His left hand fiddled with his recently dyed hair. "Totally."

"Is it girl problems?" She rested a hand on her own knee, trying to stop the habitual knee bouncing. Taeyong bit his lip.

"Jennie, sometimes you're a tad bit nosy, don't you think?"

"Nosy?" She scoffed. "I just want to know what's going on with my best friend."

"I know..." He shook his head. "You just, make it hard for people to approach you."

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Tae, what's that supposed to mean?"

First Lisa, now him?

"Forget I said anything." The man mumbled, eyes turning back to the road. "Since you wanted to know, it's about Seulgi."

"I just...I really like her. She's pretty, she's funny, she knows how to keep up a conversation, she's really sweet too. But at the same time, I hardly feel like I know her. It feels like she's hiding her whole life from me, every time I bring up something, like say her job, she'll just change the topic. She never talks about that kind of stuff, while she practically knows everything about me. I don't like secrets, as you know very well. I've made that pretty clear."

"You're wondering if it's worth it?" Jennie pushed off her lingering confusion for a moment, resting her head against her palm. If only Taeyong knew what Seulgi really did. If he knew what the both of them did...she didn't know how he would react.

Now that she thought about it, she didn't like secrets either. That was the main reason why Taehyung and her hadn't been seeing eye to eye in the beginning. But she was being such a hypocrite right now.

She was keeping a large part of her life away from Taeyong. He didn't know what she turned down the hospital position for. He didn't know that her supposed boyfriend was a leader of a gang. He didn't know that she was now a part of that gang that he hated so much.

But she didn't tell him any of this because she didn't want him getting involved to try and stop herself from being put into danger. Jennie didn't want him to get angry with her for keeping all of this from him.

She bit her lip. She was acting just like Lisa.

After reaching her home, Jennie spent some time just standing outside. Staring at space.

She shouldn't have gotten angry at Lalisa for not telling her the whole truth. If anything, that girl was scared to her death whenever she was around Baekhyun. He is clearly something she isn't so eager to open up to someone about. Hell, if she had known a long while ago, Jennie probably would've hurt the man at one of the soirées.

And knowing Taehyung, he probably wouldn't have been to happy with that tactless idea.

Jennie often tended to be a little irrational when her emotions were involved. She tried to control it, but it was hard. That's why she always got angry whenever someone close to her did something to displease her.

She also couldn't help her curious nature. Call it snooping too, now she realized the two terms weren't that different from each other. Taehyung had asked Jennie to wait for Nara to reveal herself. Jennie had not.

She forced the pieces to come together, and then pointed fingers at Lisa. The brunette was impatient and impulsive.

And at this moment, Jennie hated it.

She let out an exhale, tired of constantly thinking about this, and decided to head into her house. On the second step of the porch, she halted, noticing something strange about the door.

It wouldn't have been a detail she noticed, but thank goodness she did, for it was cracked slightly open. Jennie always locked her door.

The woman scoffed, rolling her eyes, then pulled out her phone.

Taehyung picked up after the first ring.

"Hello?"

"Get over here. There's someone in my house."

"Someone? Don't go inside."

"Too late, love. I'm going in. Be here in five otherwise I'm kicking your ass."

The neighborhood was completely silent when Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung reached Jennie's place. Strange. Jennie was right to have suspected something.

Jimin opened her front door, and the other two followed in. There wasn't any noise at all, but the house looked a mess.

"You think they caused this much of a mess?" Jimin frowned. "I doubt Baekhyun sent that many people to storm her place."

"No," Jungkook shook his head. "This is all Jennie. She is a very messy person."

Taehyung tried not to laugh, turning for the staircase. That's when the noise started.

"That's my grandmother's birthday present, you asshole! Touch it and I'm gonna' actually fucking kill you."

Then there was a loud shriek and a crash resulting. All three bolted for the stairs, following V's lead into the nearest door where the commotion had come from.

Six men, all on ground. Jennie was standing on her bed, hair loosened. She turned, then shrugged.

"He tried to touch my grandmother's taser."

Jungkook arched a brow at her. "Who the hell gives a taser for their grandmother's birthday?"

"We are particularly fond of violent things."

Jimin shook his head. "Makes sense."

Taehyung looked at her, a look which she met, before letting out a small laugh.