the phonecall.

She knew she couldn't stay angry at him forever, but sometimes Lisa wished she could

She knew she couldn't stay angry at him forever, but sometimes Lisa wished she could. All she just felt was dread now.

She didn't want to be around him, vulnerable to his words that would make her crawl back to him again.

"Hello?"

The blonde was about to enter the coffee room, when she recognized Jungkook's voice from inside the room. She gasped involuntarily, stepping away instantly.

Either way, he hadn't seen her.

"Ah, Jungkook-ah. Did you eat?"

It was his mother, that little—

Lisa sighed, loosening her fists. He was on the phone with her. She shouldn't feel mad, she shouldn't even be feeling anything anymore, but she still managed to become infuriated with that close-minded, sexist woman.

"No. I've got a few things to do, I'm at work. I'll eat later on."

"Could you meet me for lunch?"

"I don't think I can...Tae has an important meeting right before I plan to have lunch, mom."

"Could you ask to skip?"

"Eomma!" He whined. "I can't, this is my job! He's like my boss, just because he's also my friend doesn't mean I get to just abuse our friendship like that just to get lunch with you. I'm sorry."

"Jeongguk, this is important. I'm your mother!"

"Can't this wait?" She heard him sigh, trying not to get annoyed. "It's just lunch right? Maybe tomorrow? Or after my meeting?"

"Ani! Jungkook, I want you to meet someone important."

"Who?"

"It's my uncle's friend's' granddaughter, she's your age. I think you guys would—"

Lisa felt her heart drop. Was this woman out of her mind? Asking Jungkook if he'd like to see a girl, even though he wasn't single?

But then again, Lisa hardly treated him like her boyfriend lately.

But she had reason, didn't she?

"Eomma." Jungkook had gone strangely quiet. "My answer is no."

"What?"

"Mom, I am dating Lisa. Don't you get that?"

"She doesn't even deserve an amazing boy like you, aish! You could do so much better than her, why can't you listen—"

"I can't do better than her, damnit! Mom, she's the most amazing girl I have ever seen, and you're just too close-minded to see that!" Lisa heard him laugh bitterly.

"You know, I am sick of you treating her like she's a piece of shit. You thought I really didn't notice? I did notice, every single damn time. You said her job isn't an actual profession, you said she doesn't deserve me, but did you ever bother to think that Lalisa and I have the same fucking job, Mom? I met her through work, and you say she classified as one of the unemployed? So what? That makes me a jobless freak too?"

"Jungkook, watch your language—"

"No. I'm done with this! Because of you, she doesn't talk to me! Because of you, she doesn't even like to be in the same room as me! It's my fault that I never confronted you—but I've had enough. I don't care if you don't like her, I do. You aren't marrying her are you?"

It was quiet, Lisa blinked rapidly. The pause seemed too long, when his mother finally spoke again. Lisa could barely hear.

"You really want to marry her?"

"Yes." He murmured. "Not now...but whenever I fix what you destroyed, sometime in the future."

"Jungkook—"

"I have work. Forget about lunch." Jungkook ended the call with that, sliding his phone across the counter. It banged into the wall on the other side of the room, Lisa bit her lip.

What?

Had he really meant all that?

He chose her over his mother?

She lowered her eyes sadly. There was no way could she hold anything against him anymore. Angry Jungkook was a scary sight, and never had Lisa seen him lash out against his mother.

That woman had always been the center of his solar system. He had always done everything for her, and it seemed she took advantage of that every damn time.

Today was a wake-up call.

"Lisa," Jungkook sighed out loud. "I know you're there."

She froze, mind immediately racing to stutter out some sort of excuse, maybe lie and say she hadn't heard anything, when the man popped his head out the doorway.

He blinked slowly, eyes void of any sort of emotion. Lisa loosened her arms again.

"You...you meant that?"

He swallowed. "Yeah, I-I did."

The blonde's lips parted, tugging herself closer to him. The familiarity of his touch sent pricks of hot tears brimming at her eyes, tightening her arms around him.

"I don't intend on hurting you like that again." He whispered. "Please believe me."

"I do."

He exhaled in relief, resting his head on hers.

"She will never understand what I find special about you. But for me, it's everything. Everything there is to know about you, I love it all."

She smiled, as a tear made its way down her cheek.

a/n: yehet im not discontinuing this book you fucking THOUGHT

it's just getting started🤧

also it's a trashy chapter and poorly written mianhe im so sleepy