the flowers.

"Didn't think I would see her here

"Didn't think I would see her here." Taeyong grumbled. Jennie glanced up, immediately laughing.

"Yah, let go of me!" Lisa shrieked, yanking her hoodie from Taeyong's grip, then smiled at Jennie. "I thought I'd surprise you."

"I'm just pissed she was here to see you and not me."

The brunette shrugged, leaning against the wall. "I have a lot of admirers."

"Oh please. I'm not an admirer." Lisa scoffed. "Taeyong, how about you pay for lunch?"

"How about you pay since you clearly have a rich boyfriend who loves to waste his money on your pathetic ass?"

The blonde scowled, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Yes Lisa, we are both broke and you clearly are not." Jennie smirked. "Lunch is on you my friend."

"I hate you both."

"No you don't." Taeyong shrugged. "This is just repayment for the time you broke my razor."

Lisa rolled her eyes, before she frowned at something on Jennie's desk. "What's that?"

Jennie turned, then sighed. "Oh I don't know. I just found it on my desk, I'm pretty sure it's from Hanbin."

"Hanbin? Who's that?"

"Oh, he's just the most annoying person on this planet." Taeyong assured. "We hate him."

"Taeyong hates him." Jennie corrected. "I don't really harbor any ill feelings."

"He's in love with our Jennie."

Lisa arched an eyebrow. "Wow. You really do have admirers then."

The brunette shrugged. "I guess he was just...fascinated that I have a black belt or whatever, it's probably just a phase."

"It's not a phase. It's def legit." Taeyong whispered. "But I don't think these are from him. Hanbin wasn't in today, fortunately."

Jennie frowned. "Hm, really? Maybe he just dropped them in and left?"

"Okay, he may be smitten, but he's way too lazy to come all the way over here just to do that."

"You seem to know him well." Lisa mused. "Sure you aren't dating him?"

Taeyong gasped. "Lisa, I am currently seeing a girl."

Jennie groaned, in contrast to the blonde's evident surprise.

"No way! Seriously, who is this unlucky girl? I'll make sure to pray for her!"

Taeyong rolled his eyes. "Kang Seulgi."

Lisa's eyes widened, quickly turning to Jennie. She sighed again, nodding.

Really? They were seeing each other? Well fuck, Jennie's plans didn't work.

"But, who would leave you flowers? If it's not Hanbin?"

"There's no note." Jennie picked up the bouquet. "I don't know."

The blonde took the bouquet from her, flipping it around. "Well, it definitely smells nice, so I'll hold onto it—thank you very much."

"Jennie got this as a present from an anonymous person." Lisa tossed the bouquet onto Taehyung's desk.

"It has to be from Baekhyun."

"What?" Taehyung glanced up. "So he knows where she works? Has he already figured out how I know her?"

"I don't think so."

"Then why would he—"

"I don't know." The blonde sighed. "It's just a theory, but I think Baekhyun might want to steal her from us."

"What?" He stood up. "He's never done that before."

"Doesn't mean he won't now. V, just hear me out. He and Jennie talked for hours the first time he saw her. I don't know what they talked about, I'm sure Jennie will tell me if I ask."

Lisa was worried for her friend. Bringing Jennie into this wasn't her original plan, but she never expected the girl to get in the middle of everything.

"And besides, she's pretty. There's already men trailing after her in her workplace, I really wouldn't be surprised if Baekhyun is interested in her."

"But why?"

"V, it's common sense. I think he likes her."

The man sighed, sitting back down. "Really?"

"I think so, yes."

"Well, that certainly isn't good. Tell her to be careful."

"You tell her." Lisa smiled lopsidedly. "Come on, stop concealing your emotions in front of everything all the damn time."

"Lis, it's not that simple."

"But it can be. Jennie won't ever like Baekhyun like that, I am absolutely sure she won't, but..."

"But?"

"Oh my god." Lisa gasped. "You're jealous!"

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Jealous? Of who? You?"

"Well, you've always been jealous me since I'm me, but no! Baekhyun bought Jennie flowers—you're jealous because you didn't get to do that!"

Lisa clapped her hands. "Yah, Lalisa, you are too good at this."

"Yah Lalisa, shut up." He muttered, turning back to his computer.

"It's true! You didn't even bother to deny it!"

"Just get out!"

"With pleasure, you whipped bastard."

a/n:
y'all I AM SO SO SO EXCITED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTERRRR!!!
and so many of you guys have been super sexy by telling me how much you love this book
it makes me cry😭😭 thank you thank you thank you

fun fact; i had three versions of this book, i rewrote it three fucking times (such a waste of my time lol) but i am so happy with this result and clearly it shows since a lot of you like it! and it means so much to me when you guys comment and support

thank youuuuuu ❤️