the abduction.

A few weeks passed

A few weeks passed. She got better, but Jennie wasn't necessarily in the best condition to return back to her work. But still, despite that she tried. Taehyung was the one who greeted her as she was putting on her jacket.

"You're not ready to go back."

"When will I ever be, Taehyung?" She sighed. "I wonder how you deal with this every day, because that...I don't think I could deal with that again. Not just physically, that hurt my brain too."

"I don't get stabbed everyday."

"You don't, but it feels like you do." The brunette reached for her boots, scowling slightly when his hand cut her off.

"If you try and put them on, you're going to hurt yourself more." The male reasoned, instead taking the shoes in his own hands.

Jennie watched him in silence, then let out a breath. "Did Taeyong say anything to you?"

"Nothing I didn't know." He responded vaguely, she rolled her eyes.

"Be specific."

"Don't worry about it." He turned to look up at her. Taehyung had successfully helped her put on one boot. "It's not anything you don't know about me already."

"I don't like it when you're tense."

"What gave it away?" Taehyung mumbled, taking his time to finish tying the laces.

"That's not important." She bit her lip. "Have a board meeting. Maybe the others can help you think of an idea."

"It's already scheduled for this afternoon."

"Okay."

"Did they...say anything to you before Baekhyun's men tried to hurt you?"

Jennie bit her lip. She couldn't remember much, thinking about it. Probably a way for her brain to forget the traumatic incident, by ignoring it. However, she did recall a woman as her assaulter, though he already knew that news already.

"No. Not really." Her shoulders loosened. "But I think he's trying to get rid of the people who are close to you and Lisa."

He nodded to himself. A small smile crept up Jennie's lips, it didn't fade when he finished tying the other shoe, and turned back to her.

"So? How is it."

"It's decent." She wiggled her toes. "Not bad."

He arched an eyebrow at her. "Any reason why you're smiling all of a sudden?"

Jennie scowled, then fisted a hand around his collar, pushing him back into one knee in front of her.

"Yah, Kim Taehyung sometimes you drive me nuts."

For the first time in a while, he smiled. His lips grew into a small smirk from what was originally a scoff. She returned it.

"Can't I just look at you and smile?"