the lunch.

"What can I say?" Jennie flaunted, grinning smugly

"What can I say?" Jennie flaunted, grinning smugly. "Everyone loves me."

"That's true. Even Yoongi likes you. That's a sight to see since he abhors most women."

"Even you?"

"Of course not me." She scoffed. "He loves me, Lisa, and Rose. We're probably the only ones besides you. Yoongi is basically obsessed with you. You're like his teddy bear."

Jennie burst out laughing.

"It's true! He gets so excited like a little kid whenever you're around, if you weren't aware."

"I wasn't." She wheezed.

"Well, the only time he's like that is whenever his boyfriend is around." Jisoo smiled. "You two are cute."

"Oh shut up. It's not serious."

"But you know what I think should be serious?" Jisoo shot a questioning look to her. "You and Taehyung."

"Okay, that's enough."

"I'm serious Jennie. Don't tell me you don't see anything there."

"I don't."

"Lies."

Jennie sighed. "I...do not."

"Okay you might not, but he definitely does."

"What? Of course not."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. "I'm an expert at this, and the signs are pretty obvious. He literally called off Dahyun, so he basically has no accessory right now."

"Who needs one anyway? That role is so stupid."

"Jennie." The older groaned. "Hear me out."

"Fine." She huffed. Jisoo smiled, entering a hoagie shop. "Well another reason, he's exceptionally nicer to you in that he actually talks to you. V has a lot of admirers back at headquarters, some being like Dahyun, but he straight up cold-shoulders all of them. You, my friend, haven't done a single thing yet he talks to you."

"We were friends though-"

"Shut up. I'm not done talking." She silenced her, before continuing.

"He freaking taught you how to shoot! V has never done that for anyone, not even Lisa! And Lisa's practically his sister."

"You are so blind."

"No, you are just over exaggerating, like always. Besides, what do you know about love?"

Jisoo bit her tongue, then sighed. "I know a whole deal more than you. I can also see it in your eyes Jennie. You guys used to date for god's sake, it's so obvious nothing has changed since then."

Jennie faltered, loosening her fists. "I don't know."

"You had coffee with him." She urged, seeing that Jennie was finally coming around. "Don't tell me you didn't feel anything?"

The brunette sighed after a long moment of silence. "Is he really that different around me?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

Jennie groaned, banging her head against Jisoo's shoulder. "This is your fault! I was trying not to believe that I liked him!"

Jisoo grinned, patting Jennie's head comfortingly. "It's alright bubs. I'm sure his feelings are mutual."

She pulled out her phone, typing a message to Lisa quickly.

jisoo: you were right, she definitely likes him

"Hey friend." Jungkook greeted Taehyung, who was staring at his phone. "Texting your girlfriend?"

"No." He glared at Jungkook immediately. "Because I don't have one."

"Oh, that's funny. I thought Jennie was."

"No, she's my ex." He deadpanned, not bothering to entertain Jungkook's perturbing antics. "Get it right." 

"Still can't believe you managed to land someone like her." 

"Now, what exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"You know, Jennie is so nice, smart, and considerate. And you're...not."

"Jungkook, shut up."

"You are always saying that to me."

"Because you never shut up, that's why." Taehyung snorted. "Ever think of that?"

Jungkook gasped, sitting down promptly. "You know, I was going to leave, but I think I have to stick around and torture you some more." 

He sighed loudly. "Jungkook, what I did do to deserve you?"

"I don't know man. You totally don't deserve me, I'm an actual god."

"I mean what did I do wrong." He deadpanned, pinching the bridge of his nose. "What did I do wrong to get you as a friend?"

"Yeah, I wonder the same thing too!" He sassed back. "What did I do to get an asshole as a friend?"

"Something amazing probably." Taehyung smirked. "I am quite amazing."

"See? Jennie is very humble, and you are not."

"Oh, she is not humble. You haven't even seen that side of her Jungkook, don't come to conclusions so fast."

"Well, she hasn't proven me wrong yet."

"My friend, there are a lot of things that you do not know about her."

"Talking about me?" Jennie mused, opening the door wider. She winked at Jungkook. 

"I'm aware I have that effect on people. I call it," She spread her arms apart, then closed her eyes with a grin. "Aura!"

(a/n: if you get that reference, I love you)

Jungkook gasped again, turning to Taehyung. He simply shook his head, trying to stifle a laugh. 

"Jungkook, you can go now."

"You know what? Maybe I will." He ran a hand through his hair, grumbling under his breath. "These narcissistic lovebirds. Just marry each other already."

Jennie paid no heed to his remark, Taehyung chose to just ignore him. The brunette sat a bag on his desk, smiling. 

"JJ and I went out to eat lunch. I thought I'd bring you something."

"So considerate all of a sudden?"

"It's just a thank you for that coffee the other day." She wrung her hands. 

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Well then, looks like I'll have to keep buying you coffee if you're going to buy me lunch."

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. But she couldn't ignore the hammering of her heart. 

a/n: the next chapter is going to be pretty intense, so just be on the lookout