the kitchen.

"Hey girl

"Hey girl." Jennie recognized Taeyong's voice. He bent past her to grab his phone, then leaned against the wall nearest to her.

"Something wrong?"

"N-No, I'm fine." She reassured quickly, rubbing at her nose then glanced at him.

"What's up?"

"You heading out soon? I was thinking we go get pizza and then watch Netflix at your house."

"Sounds fun." She grinned. "But, I can't. I'm super tired."

And also not in the mood.

Jennie was still irritated, still angry with Taehyung. She felt a tad guilty (not really) for lashing out like that, but how long could she keep those emotions suppressed like that?

He really expected her not to ask questions and just let everything slide like she was fine with it?

But she was also annoyed that he managed to convince with a few words. Jennie didn't like that she could be swayed so easily. Did he mean what he said? That's what she had a hard time believing.

Walking out with Taeyong, she was surprised to see a familiar car parked out at the front of the hospital. She slowed her pace, eyes drifting onto Taehyung's relaxed form which leaned against his car.

Taeyong glanced back at Jennie, then to what she was looking at with a lost gaze. He frowned.

"You sure you're good?"

"Yeah," She finally muttered, running a hand through her hair. "yes, I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Is that him?"

"Who?"

"That guy standing there. Jennie, I'm not stupid. Is that the sexy stranger Lisa keeps talking about?"

"Yes." She grumbled after some hesitation.

"You don't seem to happy to see him." Taeyong rested a hand on her shoulder. "Do you want me to go and say something?"

"No, it's fine. We just, haven't really been seeing eye-to-eye on some things." Jennie gripped her bag. "I'm gonna' go now."

"Jennie—"

"I'm fine Taeyong. Shut up and go eat to your heart's desire!" She yelled back, dismissing him with a wave. Taeyong didn't move though, just observing with a watchful glance. He noticed how the girl didn't even offer her supposed man a single glance or a word and just sat inside the car. The taller man sighed, eyes softening at Jennie before he himself sat in the driver's seat.

So maybe Jennie was just mad.

There wasn't a single word exchanged throughout the car ride. Jennie could see that Taehyung's shoulder still hurt, he tried to suck up the pain whenever he moved his shoulder or arm because of the steering wheel, but Jennie naturally paid attention to these things.