the jump-attack.

Jennie liked flowers

Jennie liked flowers. She was thinking about sending a bouquet over to her grandmother's place, just to remind the lady that she still existed. Along with that taser.

Because she couldn't call as often, this would have to suffice.

Roses were pretty, so Jennie settled with a pretty arrangement of the dark red blossoms. Satisfied with her purchase, the short brunette left the shop, walking along the sidewalk. She hadn't spoken to Lalisa ever since she stormed out of Jennie's office.

She felt a little hurt, that that's what Lisa thought of her on occasion. She didn't try to come off as a snoop, Jennie just couldn't stand not having all the details. It was a blessing and a curse. In this case, it only put a weight on their friendship. She never took Lisa as the type to need space.

But, she also didn't know about the life Lisa had carried before meeting Jennie. When she met Jennie, she seemed happy. She was already with Jungkook, and was probably well associated with V and his gang by then. She didn't know Lisa when she was on the run from Baekhyun, or when her mother was murdered. She didn't know Lisa when she was a crumbling mess, when she had those panic attacks on a daily basis.

She always assumed Lalisa was completely normal. That had been an incorrect assumption on her behalf.

Thinking to go home, Jennie crossed the street, using a slightly narrow passageway between two buildings. She always used this way to go home. It couldn't be classified as an alleyway in her opinion, not a lot of shady business took place here, but it also wasn't a street that people used.

That's why Jennie utilized it to her fullest.

But, today was an exception. She halted in her tracks, noticing two figures in a very physical fight. The other slammed one into the brick wall, hand squeezing around his throat.

"Baekhyun wants to know where Nara is." Jennie heard that distinctly, remembering the two names. Her eyes widened, realizing she couldn't just leave the scene. Whoever that was, they could be dying.

"I don't...have her." By the time Jennie was closer, she figured out that the weaker voice was Taehyung's.

Jennie didn't waste a second after that, she used her arms to yank the man's hand off of V's throat, hauling him over on the ground.

"I would blow your brains out, but I don't have a gun. I also don't like to kill people." Jennie was sure she dislocated the offender's arm.

"But, he has no problem doing that." And right as she spoke those words, Taehyung pulled his gun from down on the gravel ground, and shot the man.

Turning to him, the brunette sighed. "I...are you okay?"

There were moments when a look spoke better than actual words. This was one of them. Still straddled around the kneecap of the dead man lying underneath her, Jennie's brown eyes stayed glued onto Taehyung's, drifting from him to his form leaning casually against the brick wall. He had eventually slid down to the gravel ground from the pain the offender had left in his abdomen and arms. His neck was on fire. He couldn't talk.

"I'm not mad." She breathed, closing her eyes. Jennie pulled her hair out of the hair tie holding it all together. "I-I'm not. Just, what if I hadn't shown up? I know you're strong, but clearly this guy was stronger. Don't say anything please, just let me talk. It's something I've been wondering about for a while."

"I'm still human. All this worrying on my part—it's not just because I'm worried about you. I'm pretty selfish at times, and thinking about people leaving me is scary. I can't cope with it. You saw me with my father, when he left me and never came back...I-I shut him out. I can't let him back in, it's hard because I am selfish and I don't like getting hurt. It's different compared to this, but I don't want...you to leave me and never come back. I don't like you getting hurt like this, not just because you're in pain. It hurts me too, Taehyung."

"And I know I signed up for this when we made that agreement, but still...is it wrong for me to be worried? I am so scared for you and for Lalisa. You both know me better than I know myself. Knowing that there's a high chance I can permanently lose the both of you scares me so much!" Jennie stopped in her train of thought abruptly.

She didn't like to cry either. She didn't cry for many things. But around Taehyung, it became very easy for her to open up in that sense because she was always very vulnerable when it came to him.

"Someone's going to get hurt in the process of the mess that your parents got in." The brunette stood up, and sat back down next to Taehyung. His first action was to wrap the both of his arms around her waist, resting his head in the crook of Jennie's shoulder.

"I know you have a lot going on right now...but please Taehyung, don't leave me."