the bag of chips.

"Tell me Taehyung," Jungkook sighed

"Tell me Taehyung," Jungkook sighed. "Why exactly do you live in this cheap ass apartment-thing when you're so rich? Isn't that a bit stingy?"

"Stingy? Me?" Taehyung found himself rolling his eyes. "And it's not an apartment, the correct term is town home. A tenement."

"Mm," Jungkook munched on his chips unattractively. "same thing."

"Not really no, but whatever." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his noise, then leaned back in his couch.

"Jungkook, you're making a mess of my floor."

Jungkook grinned impishly, continuing to pull the crumbed Dorito chips from the bag. Humming again, he used his other hand to check his phone.

"Taehyung, I say it's about time you lock things down with Dahyun."

"I don't like her like that."

"Then why keep leading her on?"

"I'm not!" He sighed loudly. "I told her from the beginning this is a no-strings-attached ordeal, and she said okay."

"I say you cut it with the no-strings-attached. Taehyung, when was the last time you actually liked someone?"

"I like you." He shrugged. "Doesn't that count?"

"Not like that!" Jungkook scowled at him. "I have a girlfriend, mind you."

"And unfortunately, I'm straight." Taehyung mused, flipping through the notifications on his phone.

Jungkook ruffles his own hair, watching Taehyung for a solid minute.

"Really though, when did you actually have feelings for a girl? I haven't seen that side to you ever."

"Let's say it's been a really long time." After an awkward moment, he mumbled his response. "And I don't plan on doing it again."

He noticed Jungkook's eyes evidently light up, keen in interest.

"So there was someone."

"Yes."

"Tell me about her."

"Fucking hell, Jungkook—it's been like seven years since I've last seen her? Why is she suddenly relevant?"

"What's her name? I could try and look her up."

"No!" He exclaimed, Jungkook's lips quirked into a smirk.

"Why not? Scared to get her back in your life?"

"Jungkook, leave it alone. I don't want to talk about her."

"Geez, what did she even do to you?"

Taehyung went quiet, staring at the running TV in front of them.

"She did nothing." He remembered. "In fact, she was super nice. Probably the nicest girl I ever knew, but damn, she had such an attitude."

"Was she pretty?"

"I guess. She had..." He sighed, thinking of the bittersweet memories. "dark brown hair, it was super straight. She was short too. She wasn't the prettiest girl out there, but..." He felt himself trailing off.

Not wanting to go too into it, he shot up from his seat on the couch. "This conversation is over. Don't ask about her again, or else."

But of course, Jungkook was still curious.