the bullet.

There was another call-out between Baekhyun and Taehyung

There was another call-out between Baekhyun and Taehyung. She hadn't joined them this time.

But lately things had been so busy for Jennie. Her residency was wrapping up, and her higher-ups kept pressing Jennie for the reason on why she declined a position at the hospital.

She just wouldn't be able to manage it with her position at Bangtan. It was hard enough, keeping things a secret from Taeyong, making sure no one conflicted with her packed schedule.

Would she ever be able to tell Taeyong about this?

She frowned, hands lingering on a countertop. What exactly was the status on him and Seulgi?

Taeyong hadn't spoken much about her lately—asides from saying he was seeing her.

But what did he mean by that? There was a vast range in 'seeing each other'?

Were they legit or no?

Jennie personally made a note to go interrogate Seulgi in her free time.

Unfortunately, she had been so busy, maybe Taeyong hadn't told her what exactly was the gist since she was busy.

That seemed more logical, unfortunately. Damn, she felt slightly bad, since he was always there to listen to hers, but she couldn't reciprocate. The brunette groaned, promptly setting her phone. She finished pushing away the other medical supplies in the room, then sat up upon hearing her phone buzz.

unknown: hey its irene. call-out went kinda bad, be prepared to deal with a gunshot wound.

jennie: k, how far away are you? do i need to meet you somewhere?

irene: no, jin is already 2 minutes away from the base. sit tight

Someone got shot? Jennie didn't like the dreading feeling sinking in her stomach. Of course, she would have to get used to this if this were to be her new life.

But these people were her friends. Despite them doing what they did, it still hurt to see them get hurt.

Lisa had gone to the call-out. What if...

There was a loud commotion, following with Irene who bustled inside the clinical room.

"It's Jungkook." She breathed, clearly out of breath. It seemed like she had bolted inside. "He got shot."

"Where is he?"

"Namjoon's bringing him inside. Jen, it is not pretty, you're going to have to work fast."

"So this one is legit." Jennie sighed in distress. "How's Lisa?"

"Not good."

"This is my fault!" A familiar female shrieked, following with a louder sob. Jennie and Irene turned.