the other doctor.

a/n: just to be clear, i chose taeyong because he's so fucking cute and hot and he's my uwu daddy and i love him so much lol IM CRYING I LOVE HIM TOO MUCH FUCK THE TEARS ARE COMING—

Jennie let a smile ease its way onto her face, before shaking her head at the male next to her.

"Taeyong, that was a terrible joke."

"You smiled, so that must count for something. You're an Ice Princess, I swear."

"Wow," She drawled. "paint me as Elsa."

"May as well." He grinned, sticking his hands into the pockets of his white coat. Jennie followed in suite, before lightly nudging his shoulder.

Taeyong was her friend since medical school days, and even to this day. He stuck with her through their sleepless nights, stressful, hair-falling days, and even up to the tearful day of their graduation.

He had the softness that Lisa did not. He seemed more like 'girlfriend' material than Lisa would ever be to Jennie. But she didn't mind the odd personas, she preferred the two just how they were.

On their lunch break, she sat across from him in the cafe, eagerly rubbing her hands to eat. He snorted, grabbing his chopsticks.

"So, how was your morning? Anyone die?"

"No," She glared at him playfully. "No one died. And nobody will."

"If you say so," He said between mouthfuls of rice. "but death is inevitable."

"They won't die in this hospital. Not on my watch." Jennie rested her chin in the palm of her hand, eyes gleaming.

"How was your day at the PT department?"

"I love it." He replied, with the same old answer.

"That's all? Nothing interesting?"

"Well, it's not we have people coming in ready to die everyday."

"Okay, that is not true. We prevent them from dying. Some of them aren't necessarily in critical conditions either! Like one mom came in just because her thirteen year old had a fever."

"Wow, people these days are weak." Taeyong snorted. "Once I had a fever, but I still went to a party my friends had by the lake."

"Yeah, I remember that." She drawled at him. "You got pneumonia right afterwards though."

"That's what my mom said, but I refuse to believe that."

"Whatever. And you think you're a med student."

He flicked a stem of one his grapes at her, scrunching his nose cutely.

"Not true. I'll have you know that whenever you aren't around, I know what I'm doing."

"So you say my presence is a distraction?"

"Yes, you and your zombie face is always a distraction."

Jennie gasped. She smacked his shoulder, before glancing at the time on her phone.

"You little—I could say you're a distraction too!" Watching the golden glint of mischief in his eyes, she narrowed her eyes at his amusement.

Taeyong laughed loudly, again. He enjoyed getting under her skin.

"Whatever." She huffed. Brushing her hair into a low ponytail, Jennie shook her head at him in mock disappointment, the small grin proving otherwise.

Getting up with him, and tossing away the remnants of her lunch, she rested an elbow on his shoulder.

"I have to get back to work. But do you think you could drop me off home afterwards? I took the bus today and I don't feel like taking the bus back. It's a long ass ride, and I'm not up for that."

He shrugged. "Is that just an excuse to ride in my Tesla?"

"Maybe," Jennie shamelessly admitted. "But I do seriously need a ride."

"Alright Elsa." He ruffled her head. Then the two broke off in opposite directions.

a/n: and also i noticed people always do like jennie x hanbin x taehyung, and i didn't really want to do that so...

*also i lowkey ship jenyong even though one of my ults is seulyong but you don't need to know that yeheet