the shot pt. 2

Jennie felt very numb

Jennie felt very numb. Sluggish and frozen, even.

She killed someone.

Jennie Kim just shot someone. This had gone against everything she had stood for.

She was against violence, she hated guns. She hated death, she hated murder. She hated the concept of it all.

Her hands wouldn't stop shaking, and Jennie refused to speak to anyone the rest of the way back to the base.

Fortunately Jennie had just passed out from the shock previously, JJ had managed to wake up Jennie in time and get her moving...

But she didn't feel herself at all. She couldn't feel anything at all.

Numb.

"Jen, we need more bandages." She heard Irene say besides her, shuffling inside the clinical room. Jennie nodded briefly, pulling out a box from a near counter and passing it to the older girl.

Irene blinked. "Uh, go sit down. I'll take care of them for today."

Was it weird she felt this way? No one else seemed affected by the whole fight, hell, Irene just carried on like there wasn't a bleeding man sitting next to her.

After getting her ear treated, Jennie sat down, sipping at her water then dropping the bottle to the floor.

She couldn't even bring herself to think why she had done that. Had she faced herself with the actual reason, Jennie might've driven herself to insanity.

Her reason was preposterous.

Ridiculous.

Jennie inhaled sharply, her knee bouncing nervously. What would Taeyong think?

Shit. What would Taeyong think? She certainly wasn't the same girl anymore, she was a murderer, she just killed someone, she shot them, but she really didn't mean to kill them, would he understand that?

"Jennie."

"Yes?" She fiddled with her hands, unable to look up.

"V wants to see you in his office. Now." Chaeyoung aired, then frowned at the state of the brunette before her.

"What happened to you? You look..."

Jennie brushed past her without a further word, biting her lip. She pressed the elevator button several times, foot tapping against the floor agitatedly.

She was nervous, and very scared. What happened to her?

This was hardly like her normal behavior. Jennie always was calm, she always knew what to do. She felt like she was going insane right now.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. Jennie's world was spinning in a hypnotic, dizzy manner. It was like several sirens going off all at once, every fiber in her was at war with each other.