[02] sad boy.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 2992

p a g e s: 8

"i didn't know how broken i was until every time i laughed i wanted to cry" - a.l.g

They say Love can blind people like a snow storm. Love blinded me when I was with Amanda. I thought she was my goddamn soulmate. I didn't notice the signs of her being distant. Not coming home after work. 'Staying' at work for long periods of time. Always on her phone not paying attention to me. My friends tell me that she was cheating on me. I told them that they are ridiculous. One day, I caught Amanda and a guy in our bed. It felt like my whole entire world came crashing down. When Ariana came into the picture something ignited back inside me.

I walk back inside the house. The guys were on the couch looking at me like dads waiting for their child to come home. "Well, well, well" Jake said. "Hey" I said as I walk upstairs. "Just a simple hey?" I heard Aaron say. "We just slept and it was fucking fantastic" I say euphorically. "Why don't you ask her to be your girl already?" I heard Corey yell. "I don't think she likes me like I like her!" I yell back texting Sam what her favorite color is. He tells me it's red. Of course, it is. I pick out my red shirt and my usual ripped black skinny jeans. I walk into the bathroom to start my shower. I never been so happy in my life. When Ariana came into the picture, oh man I knew she had my heart. Every time I'm around her she makes me want to become a better human, a better man. Everyone in the house knows I am in love with the girl. I hastily take a shower, get dressed and styled my hair. I put on my rings and shoes then walk downstairs. "Whoa, you just got here now you're leaving?" Jake asked. "I have a date!" I say cheerfully. "Ariana?" my blond best friend asked. "Yep, be back in a bit!" I say grabbing my phone and keys. "Don't tire her out too much!" Kat teased as I blush and push my hair up. "I won't hurt her too much" I wink and shut the door.

Me: On my way!

Ari: Okay 😊the door's open so just walk in!

Me: Of course, it is, Ari... okay I'll text you when I arrive!

Ari: Please be careful! Sam would beat me if your pretty head gets hurt.

Me: Oh, so I'm pretty to you?

Ari: Maybe, stop texting me!

Me: Fine, I'll text you shortly.

I blush softly and put on Out of My League by Fitz and the Tantrums. She think's I'm decent... that's a good thing. I pull out of our neighborhood and drove to Ariana's house well apartment. I should keep clothes there so I don't go home every time I rant about my problems. I stop at a stop light and got out my last cigarette I get out my red lighter and lit it between my lips. Ariana want's me to quit she said she doesn't want me to die so soon. I love her for that. I blew out the gray smoke. "I'm sorry Ari, I can't" I say despondently. The traffic light turns a neon green. I put my arm on the door letting the smoke of the cancer stick fly out. I turn up the music to drown out my thoughts.

I text her saying I arrived. I put on cologne and stomped out the cigarette. She replied with an okay. I fix my hair in the mirror. My breath tasted like smoke. I find some gum in my glove compartment. Nothing. Shit, I'm going to get it now. I sigh opening the door to her apartment. "Ariana?" I called. "In here!" she called from her bedroom. I walked in. She was on her computer. "Hey" I say. "Hey" her brown eyes lit up when she sees me. God she's beautiful. "ready to go?" I asked. "Yep, I sent your favorite pictures to you and some of mine" Ari smiled at me as she grabbed a coat. "Yeah I just got them" I say as she walked past me. She stopped and walked towards me and sniffed my shirt. "Cole" Ari had her scolding voice. "Yeah?" I asked. "Did you smoke?" she asked. "Um" I say. "Cole, I thought you were quitting?" she asked sadly. "I am" I say. She touched my face and I lean into it. She fucking drives me crazy.