[41] getting an invitation.

BRENNEN'S POV

w o r d s: 1996

p a g e s: 6

It's been a few months since I saw Ariana and Colby. I've been going though a breakup and I've been isolating myself from well everyone. I though she was the love of my life but I guess not. I wanted to go to Colby or someone else but I knew that they wouldn't understand, they would try to but they wouldn't understand how hurt I was when I found out that Maggie cheated on me. With who? No idea who the fucker is. I know that Colby would understand it. He didn't come to me when Amanda and he had problems, always Ariana. I'm not mad about that, I'm mad that he didn't come to his best guy friend.

X

I was editing when I heard a knock at my door. I take off my headphones and walk to the door. There was no one there besides a letter that was in my door. It had my name on it and my address. I opened it and it was a wedding invite. With their names and everything on it. It had their picture looking perfect. I didn't want to go the wedding but I know that Colby wants me to be the best man. I want to do this for him. What kind of friend would I be if I miss my best friends' wedding? I wouldn't live with myself. The wedding would be next year in October. Ariana loves October because of Halloween so makes sense. I look at Ariana, I haven't talked to her in a while. Not since she came to my house when she was leaving for Chicago. I swallow my pride and hit call. It rang, and rang and rang until she answered. "Hey, Bren! Long time no see!" Ari smiles as I hear cooing. "Hey! I just got your invite" I say scratching the back of my neck. "Really? So, you're coming?" she asked happily. "If I can meet my niece and nephew" I say with a smile. "Totally, tomorrow? I need to get out of the house" Ari laughs. "Yeah, lunch at tender greens?" I asked. "Totally" I heard crying. "Sorry to cut this short, B Apryl needs to feed" she laughs. "Yeah, yeah of course I'll see you tomorrow at like twelve" I say. "Sounds good, we need to catch up" I can hear her smile. "Yeah" I agreed. We said goodbyes and I resumed editing. I kept looking at Ariana and Colby. I still love Ariana, but I know she's happy with my best friend. I'm glad that she still wants to talk to me, after everything we been through.

I stopped editing for awhile to get something to eat and let out my furry son. He got the zoomies and I can't concentrate while he runs at fast speed around the house and barks nonstop at absolutely nothing. It's quite irritating at times. I wait for Kobe to come inside before I dive into editing again. My mind wanders to Ariana again, I never though about her for a long time. My feelings subsided just a tad, I can't help it I am in love with her. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Kobe scratches on the door. "I'm coming, Kobe" I say getting off the couch to let him in. I scratch his head and went back to editing.

X

It was the next morning and I was getting ready to meet Ariana with her kids. That's crazy to think about, Colby fucking Brock has TWO kids! Who would have thought that the motherfucker is going to marry before any of us do and he has kids before any of us also, it's crazy! I was putting a mustard yellow stripped shirt over my head when I get a message from Ariana saying how excited she was to see me. I replied with a simple same. I am excited to see her, it's like part of me still wants her to be mine even though she's happy with Colby and the other part of me wants to be there for her as a friend. I sigh. "What am I doing, Kobe?" I asked my pup who was chewing on a bone. "Of course, you don't respond, you don't know what I'm saying, eh boy?" I scratch his head. He looks at me with his head tilted then went back to eating his bone. I looked in the mirror to mess with my hair for the thousandth time.

X

I waited at the table which was located outside. I peered inside like every hour it seems until I felt someone put a hand on my shoulder which makes me jump a bit. "Sorry, B" Ari's voice came behind me. "Hey" I smiled looking at her. There were two carriers which held my nephew and niece. "Hi" she smiled hugging me. Her hugs were the best feeling in the world. "Alec and Apryl, right?" I asked her. Ariana nods looking lovingly at her kids. "That's crazy, they look so much like you" I look at her. "Well, I hope so" Ari laughs. "Can I hold one?" I asked nervously. "Sure, which one?" Ariana asked. "Apryl" I replied. I watch her take out her daughter. "Carefully" she instructed me how to hold a baby. I smiled down at the few month-old infant who was yawning. "This is the cutest" Ari smiled taking a picture of me. I smiled as Apryl latched onto my finger. "You would be a good dad someday, Brennen" she tells me so matter-of-factually. "Yeah?" I asked looking at her. "Yeah" she nods.