[27] all a scheme.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 1640

p a g e s: 6

We were at a bar laughing at our plan. "Oh man, this is gold" Corey laughs. "I know, man" I laugh. We've been planning this since Ariana moved here. I mean I loved her true, but this is much more fun. We do this once in awhile with a different girl. It's cruel, I know but we get bored easily and this is much more fun. "You and Brennen, though?" Sam laughs. "I know!" I laughed. "Gross, that it happen but that was just pure luck" I sip a beer. "So, Brennen had no idea that we planned this WHOLE thing?" Aaron asked. "I think he had an idea" I say. "Damn, poor Brennen though, right?" Aurora asked. "Yeah, but he'll get over it" I say. My arm was around her. "I was beginning to like the game, so now what? The games over?" Ro asked. "I mean I think so right?" I look at my friends. "Yeah, we got to tell her I feel bad for lying to her all these months" Jake says. I nod in agreement. "Okay, how are we going to do it?" Corey asked. "I want to make a video, with Brennen" I sigh. "I want to do it too; it was my idea" Sam says drinking his beer. "You sure?" I asked. Sam nods. "Okay, when?" I asked. "No idea" Sam replied. "Tomorrow?" I asked. "Yeah, tomorrow" my friend agreed. I just hope we don't lose any followers because of this shit.

X

The sun shone through the curtains. My arm was around Aurora who was sleeping peacefully. I kiss her shoulder. She turns around and opens her eyes. She smiles as I brush a strand of dark brown hair out of her face. "Morning" her voice thick with sleep. "Morning, baby" I say with a smile. "Today's the day, right?" she asked brushing hair out of my face. I inhale then exhaled. I was so nervous I thought I was going to vomit. "Yeah, it is I'm scared Ro" I tell her looking up at the ceiling. "It's okay, baby" she tells me. "Is it? I'm going to say publicly going to tell my fans that I played with Ariana just because I was bored as fuck?" I turned my head to look at her. She reaches for my hand. I let her take it. "Colby, some of your fans would understand right?" Aurora asked. "I'm not sure, baby" I sighed. "You're not going to lose all of your followers, Colby. You have a strong fanbase" Ro looks at me. "Maybe not strong enough" I say getting up. My girl sighs and turns away from me. I head to the bathroom. I tweet saying I need to address something VERY important and I didn't care if I lose followers because if it. It needed to be said for a long, long while. I sigh looking at my reflection. I don't recognize him.

I might ruin Ariana's reputation because of what I'm about to say. I splash water on my face. I might hate myself for a very, very long time but I don't care. I love Ariana, before it was just a game. But I fell so in love with her I nearly combusted. When I found out she was pregnant I was so happy, genuinely. I was going to be a dad for the first time ever. I promised her I was going to marry her one day. Now, it's all jus going to blow up in my goddamn face. I didn't realize I was crying until I looked in the mirror. "Fuck" I groan. "Baby? You okay?" Ro asked. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine" I say. "You sure?" she asked. "Yeah, just freaking out a small tad" I say. "Oh babe" she sighs. "I'm sorry baby" I told her. "It's okay, I can understand" Ro says. "Yeah?" I asked. "No, not really" she laughs I laugh along.

I get ready for the day. I was still anxious as fuck; I text Sam asking if he still wants to do this along with Brennen. They both text back saying they are both in. That kind of puts my anxiety at ease. I walked out of the bedroom and coffee hit me in the face. I hum happily. "Coffee babe?" Ro asked. "Please, I need all the caffeine today" I say. "I love you, you know, that right?" she asked handing me a mug. "I know, I love you too" I smiled taking a sip of the hot coffee. "Good, I don't want you to forget that" she laughs.

X

I went over to Sam's house so we can record the video. I just hope Ariana would still talk to me after this shit. I highly doubt that but I just want to try and make this okay. I put on Spotify and on the front page is Ariana's profile. I looked at her page and she made a new song called Baby Blues. The cover was her dressed in a disheveled wedding dress and dead bouquet. Her eyes had VERY bright blue contacts they look like Halloween contacts. She had mascara running down her face. The instrumentals were VERY haunting. There was a choir too. It legitimately gave me chills. I wonder why she wrote this. There were subtle hints that this song was about me. I just don't know why she wrote it.

I arrived at Sam's house and my nerves were back. "You got this, Cole" I say getting out of the car. I walk to Sam's door almost about to vomit. I knocked. "Colby! It's open!" Sam called. I walked in and Brennen was on the couch and Sam was setting up. "Ready to ruin our careers?" I asked. "Sadly, are you sure you wanna do this?" Brennen asked. "We have too, Brennen you were in on it too" Sam says. "God, I can't believe we did this shit" Brennen groans. "Sadly" I say taking off my shoes. "How do you think Ari is going to take it?" Sammy asked. "No idea, have you heard her new song by the way? It's about me" I say. "Yeah, we know it's actually pretty good and chilling" Brennen tells me. "Yeah, what if she knows?" I asked. "How would she know?" Sam asked. "Kat? Devyn maybe? Or even Aurora! Shit Ro and Ari used to be friends and they've been hanging out recently like a lot what if she told Ari?" I asked freaking out. "Hey, man don't freak out" Brennen says.

I sighed as I flopped on the bed. "So, ready when you are brothers" Sam says. I look at Brennen and Brennen looks at me. "Ready" we said together. Sam nods setting up the ring lights. "Show time bitches!" Brennen claps his hands together. I laughed as Sam hits record. "So today isn't going to be one of my over the top videos today I'm joined by Brennen Taylor and Colby Brock" Sam says. Brennen and I waved. "Today, you guys may think VERY different of us after what we tell you" I said looking at my friends. "You guys, there is something we did that we aren't proud of" Brennen says. "Guys, we have to tell you because you guys are legitimately like our family, we won't hate you guys if you unfollow us and send us hate" I say. "We play this game with girls out of our entertainment, we play with their hearts EVERYONE is in on it. Ariana was our play thing since we met her. Colby had no actual feelings for her whatsoever. We get bored and we see a girl who would be easy" Brennen tells the camera. "It's true, I had no feelings for Ariana I never did, really" I shrugged. My heart squeezed in my chest. I did have feelings for her but all of those feelings subsided. "All those girls you've seen us with in the past was just our little game" Sam sighs and sniffled. He was crying so was Brennen. I wiped my eyes. "So, we just want to come clean from everything I know you guys hate us right now and your probably unsubscribing from all of us at the moment but we want you guys to understand that we don't want to keep anything from you guys" I say running my hands through my hair.

We all sat in silence for a few moments just looking at each other. "I loved Ariana so much, it wasn't fake at all and I love Aurora too and it's not fake" I confessed. "There's so much more we need to talk about but it'll take fifty thousand years" Sam says. "I just hope you guys can see through this and still stick with us" I say. "We accept whatever hate you want to give us, trust me we get it 100% we love you guys so much and we hate the way we did this to Ariana, speaking of Ariana. Ana, if you see this, we know we hurt you so much and you probably don't want to speak to any of us anymore like at all and we get that" Brennen says with a sigh. "We love you, and that isn't fake you are part of this dysfunctional family" Sam says wiping his eyes.

I don't want to know what the outcome is going to be when this video airs. I don't want Ariana to hate me, but I know damned well she wouldn't speak to me for a long ass time. I still need her in my life. She was there for me when nobody would listen. Everybody needs an Ariana in their lives. I just hope, I pray to god that she doesn't hate me forever.

a/n

yes, i know the gif is so fucking old. it's kind of hard to look for gifs of The Trap House and brennen taylor. it triggers me too, so don't come at me.

forever and always,

brooke