[16] come back to me.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 2561

p a g e s: 8

It's been a few weeks and I'm already going to the airport to fly home. Ari and I have been texting back and forth for the past week. Which I'm so, so happy about like you have no idea. Mom dropped me off at the airport. "Text me when you land" mom says as she kissed my cheek. "I will" I say hugging her then exited the car. Kansas was cold, colder than normal. I kind of love that I'm going back to warm Cali and back in Ari's arms too. "Bye Cole" mom smiled as I got my luggage out of the trunk. "Bye mom" I smile as she drives away. I walk in the airport and do whatever you do in the airport. I get coffee when I get to my gate. I don't like coffee but when I started dating Ari, she made me like coffee. I get a Grande iced coffee and sat down waiting for my flight. I open my laptop to edit my video I recorded and I've been editing it for a few days. It doesn't take me this long to edit something.

My phone buzzed and it was Ari. My face lit up as I answered. "Hey" I say. "Hey, good morning" she says with a yawn. "Morning" I say. "I honestly called because I missed your morning voice" Ari chuckles. "Is that all?" I asked. "I just missed your voice that's all" I could sense her blushing. I smirk as I brush my fingers back through my hair. "I missed your voice too" I tell her. "Yeah?" she asked. "Well yeah" I laugh. "Well, that's nice to hear" she joked. I roll my eyes then laughed. "So um, I was wondering if um... you and I could get coffee when we get back to Cali" Ari was nervous I can tell. "Sure, that sounds like a plan" I say. "Oh, thank god" she breathily laughs. "Were you nervous to ask me on a date babe?" I laugh. "N...No" Ari tells me. I can tell her face was red again. "Babe, you don't have to be shy" I joked. "You're annoying" she tells me. "You love me" I laugh. "Yes, yes I do" she giggled. "And I love you" I say. "You still do?" she asked me. "Yes baby, I forgive you" I tell her. "I hope so, I'd be dead if you didn't" she joked. I stiffen then relaxed. "Baby, don't talk like that" I snap. "Sorry" she said quietly. "I'm okay, baby" I say. "It's fine" she laughs. I laugh too. Her laughter is contagious. "I hope so" I joked. We talked until one of our flights boarded. She puts me in the best mood. I can't wait to kiss her face and hold her till she squirmed to get free.

X

I finally landed in the sunny California. Sam picked me up. "Hey brother" Sam smiled as he drove up. "Hi" I smiled as he helps me with my luggage. "How was Kansas?" he asked stuffing my suitcase in his trunk. "Cold as shit" I say getting back in the car. "I thought so" he laughs. "I'm glad to be in the warmth" I laugh. Sam laughs. "How's Ari?" he asked me. "She's good, we are done with our break and I can't wait to see her again" I say. "You two are so going to get married, before Corey and I" Sam joked. I laughed. "But seriously though, what are you going to do with Brennen?" he asked. "I honestly don't know" I sigh. "Do you want to be friends with him again?" he asked. "I do, I just don't know if I can be with someone who slept with my girl" I say. "Almost slept with" Sam corrected me. "Yes, almost" I say. "But, do you really forgive Ariana?" Sam looks at me. "I mean, that's kind of hard to forgive you know?" I say. "Understandable" Sam nods. "I just can't lose her" I sigh. "I know, Colby she's good for you like really good" he says. "I know, I love her man" I say. "It shows, when she's not around you mope like a sad puppy waiting for their owner" Sam laughs. I shook my head laughing.

X
I arrived at the Trap House which is always loud and hectic. There's never a dull moment. "Colby's home!" Sam called as we entered the house. "Hey Colby!" Corey yelled. "Hey Corey, I'm going to sleep for four days" I say lugging my suitcase up the staircase. "Fair enough, you've been traveling all day" he says. "Yeah" I say. Corey laughs. I tell him goodnight sarcastically because it was like midafternoon and head to my bedroom to take a shower and unpack. I was so tired but I promised Ari that I'll get coffee with her. I know it'll take awhile for her to land. We are probably going to do it tomorrow which I'm okay with. I shower and then unpacked. My phone singed with Ari's ringtone. "Hey baby girl" I say. "Hey! So um, can we do the coffee date tomorrow? My flight got delayed" she sadly told me. "Of course, baby doll, take your time" I say. "You're the best" I can hear her smiling. "That's my job, Ari" I smile putting her on speaker. She laughs. We talk for a long while until her plane was boarding. "Okay baby, I'm going to see you tomorrow" Ari says. "Okay, I'm going to get your ass tomorrow" I tell her. "Okay, I'll see you at 10am" Ari laughs. "See your beautiful face at ten" I beamed. "Bye baby" Ari says. "Bye baby girl" I tell her and she ends the call. I continue to unpack until Jake comes in asking if I'm hungry. I tell him I am because I haven't eaten anything all day and I'm famished. He told me he'll get Taco Bell for me. I thank him and followed him down stairs to hang out with my roommates.