[12] promise ring.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 2431
p a g e s: 7

"drop everything now. meet me in the pouring rain. kiss me on the sidewalk. take away the pain. 'cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile."

It's been a few weeks since Ariana's mom passed. She hasn't gotten out of the house since then. She just sleeps in my bed and cries. It's truly heartbreaking. She's so beaten up about her mom. I mean I get it they had such a strong bond. I could feel it when I met her once. "Baby, you have to eat" I say as I came up with her favorite. Her eyes were bloodshot and her nose was red. "I'm not hungry" she says hoarsely as her stomach grumbled. "Baby, you are come on I got you your favorite" I say sitting on the bed. She sits up and ties her hair back. "Thanks" Ari smiled. "That's what I'm good for" I laugh. "Baby, you are good for so many other things" she tells me as she nibbles on chicken. "Like what?" I asked brushing her hair softly while she was eating. "Well, for one this you brushing my hair" she smiled. I kiss her head. "Anything else?" I asked. "You make me want to be a better person" she smiled, "Ow! Don't pull so hard" she snapped. "Sorry, baby" I laugh. She goes on and on how many good things I do for her.

After I was done brushing her hair, she was done eating. "Better?" I asked. "Better, thank you" she says to me. "Always" I smiled as she got up. "I need a shower" Ariana laughs. "Yes, yes you do" I laugh as she walks to the bathroom. I hear the shower start and I look at the drawer where the promise ring was. The thought of 'proposing' to her sends anxiety nerves through my body. Her birthday is in a few weeks and that's when I will do it. I played with my ring nervously. "Baby?" I heard Ari calls. "Yeah?" I asked. "Can you hand me my clothes? I forgot them" she laughs. "Yeah" I say scooping the clothes. I knocked on the door. "Here baby" I say. "Thank you, baby," she smiled kissing me quickly. After she changed, she came out looking beautiful as ever. "Wow" I say. "What?" she laughed finishing her makeup. "Nothing, you just look beautiful all the time" I say kissing her cheek.

Ariana walked down stairs where the roommates are. "Well, well, well! Look who's up and Adam!" Jake smiled. "Here I am" Ari laughs sitting on my lap. "How are you feeling?" Aaron asked. "Okay, I'll get through it" she replied. Aaron was playing Fortnite as always. "You will" I say. "Thanks baby" she kisses me. "Hey, wanna play Ana?" Aaron asked holding a controller. "Uh yes!" Ariana gleefully said catching the controller. Aaron and Ari played as we watched. She was honestly getting pretty good at this game. She only played it a few times with Aaron. She shot somebody. "Fuck yes!" she exclaimed putting her fist in the air. I laugh wrapping my arms around her. "God you're getting good at this" Aaron says. "I have a good teacher" Ari laughs. "I guess so" he laughs.

After Ari's and Aaron's a few victories she tossed the controller to Jake and leans into me. "What are we doing for my birthday? I'm moving in my new apartment in a few days" she tells me as we interlock fingers. "We can celebrate in your new apartment" I smiled at her. "Or we can throw her a party!" Jake says. "We can throw me a party like a couple days before then Cole and I can celebrate on our own" Ari says holding my face with one hand. "Sounds good!" Corey smiled. "I don't want anything huge like you guys do" Ari says. After her mom and everything in between she wasn't much of a partier. She would hide up in my room with her earphones on with Adele blaring in her ears and she just cries and cries till her voice was hoarse. I felt so bad for her. "No promises baby" I kissed her. "I'm serious guys, I just want to spend it with my favorite people and of course Brennen" she tells us. "Why Brennen?" I asked. "Because he helped me through the situation when you were traveling the world" Ari says. I roll my eyes. "You could have talked to Kat or Devyn not Brennen who I might add who STILL has a huge crush on you!" I exclaimed. "Why are you getting mad?" she asked getting up. "Because! I should be the one who gets you through these situations! Not my best friend who is in love with my girl!" I stated. "Cole, I have best friends outside of this goddamn Trap House!" she yells at me. I could see my roommates get uncomfortable so I grabbed her wrist and went up to my bedroom.