[31] forgiving him, kind of.

ARIANA'S POV

w o r d s: 1240

p a g e s: 4

I get to work five minutes early so I'm just chilling in my car thinking about our conversation. "Did you love her?" I asked him. He didn't say anything for a moment, wheels turning inside that glorious mind of his. "No" he simply said. His answer startled me a bit. He looked at her like he looks at me. Could this be fate? "Really?" I asked ignoring the butterflies erupted in my stomach. He nods. "Can I ask why?" I asked afraid of the answer. His answer was simple, so simple in fact that he didn't even think about it. "I didn't feel the same thing as I felt with you" his face was unreadable. I dropped my hairbrush out of pure shock. "Really?" I asked stupidly. He simply nods. "Yeah, I was in love with you, Ari I forgot about the game when I was with you" he declared. All my feelings I once felt about him came pouring in like a dam. "I don't know how to respond to that" I tell him. My mind screamed to say I was in love with him too. "Sorry" he apologized. I think to myself, don't apologize please. "It's okay" I say instead.

Now, I'm working at an art supplies shop that nobody comes in. It's a tiny little shop shoved on a corner. It's called The WasteShed. No one comes in besides our regulars which is two. I get sent home early most days because there's nothing to do. I text Colby most days. It feels weird texting him again. It's been a few weeks I haven't talked to him; it feels normal to talk to him again. Aurora's been texting me saying she did this for me. I want to believe her; I do but I don't at the same time. I tell her thanks anyways just to make her happy. I hate that she broke up with Colby for me. I hate that Colby is going through this again and I'm not there to comfort him like I use to.

I get sent home early because there's no one here. I decided to stop at a thrift store because I still have clothes from Cali. It's cold in Chicago most of the time. Plus, I love thrift shopping and shopping in general, it's therapeutic to me. I went to the men's section for sweatshirts. Oversized sweatshirts/ hoodies make me very, very happy and Colby can have some too. I sigh I need to stop thinking about him. We are friends, for now at least. Friends who have a long history. I finish shopping and walked to my car. My phone buzzed; it was Colby. "Hello, Cole" I say. "Hey! So, don't be mad buuuut I'm here, well there" he sounded nervous. I almost dropped my phone. "What?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm sitting on your front steps" he says. "Again, what?!" I asked starting my car. "Yep, I wanted to see you" Colby laughs. "Well, I'm on my way home now" I say. "Good" I can hear him smile. I laughed, "I'll see you when I get home I guess" I tell him. "Yes, yes you will" he laughs and hangs up. I can't believe Colby flew all the way out here just to see me. He must be really messed up about Aurora.

X

I finally reached home and lo and behold, Cole was sitting on the front steps on his phone. I get out and he looked up smiling big. "Hi" he says reaching me. "Hi" I say fighting the urge to place my lips on his very distracting lips. He wraps his arms that were once my safe heaven. I hug him back. "Why are you here, Colby?" I asked looking in those beautiful yet haunting eyes of his. "I wanted to see you; I know I can trust you but I know you don't trust me but I like when you listen to my problems" he tells me. "Cole, you can always vent to me" I tell my once upon a time lover. "I know that" he tells me. He looks tired, not sleepy tired like depressed sleepy. His under eyes homed strong under bags; he hasn't slept. "How long are you staying?" I asked getting the bag. "A few weeks, if that's okay" he says following me into my home. He's been here once, when we were dating. "That's fine" I smiled looking at him. His blue in his hair was more vibrant.

I almost asked him if he wanted to stay in my room but instead, I said, "here's the guest bedroom" I say opening the door. "Thanks" he smiled. "You're welcome" I say returning the smile. He sits on the bed. I sit on the floor. We sit in silence, comfortable silence. (NOW I JUST SIT IN SILENCE! Any Twenty-Øne Piløt stans out there?). "It's fate, I think" Colby suddenly says. "What is?" I asked. "Us, that everything that's happened between us. It seems like The Sisters wants us to be together again" he says. "The Sisters?" I asked. "The Sisters of Fate, Clotho spun the 'thread' of human fate, Lachesis dispensed it, and Atropos cut the tread to determine an individual's fate" Colby informed me. "Wow, I didn't know you were into Greek Mythology" I tease. He shrugs. "I don't want to believe it's fate, Cole" I say. "Why? You don't want to believe? Don't you want us back together?" he asked. I sighed now laying on the floor. "I know, take time or whatever the fuck but still" he's on the floor now holding my hands.

His touch was foreign but familiar at the same time. Zings of volts shoot up my arms then to my figure tips. I felt my face flush. "How can you be so calm with everything?" I asked looking at him our hands together still. "I've had you" he didn't even think about it. "What?" I asked. "You've been my rock without you even noticing it" Colby says quietly like we are in the back of a classroom whispering to each other. I almost cry because him saying these things makes me want to fall back into our old ways. "Cole" I whisper. He places his forehead against mine. "I need you; I want you back in my arms" he plead like a child who badly wants a toy. That did it, tears streamed down my face. "I forgive you, Colby kind of" I tell him through my tears. Colby places his hands on my cheeks and wipe my tears with his thumbs. "Can I?" he whispered. I just nod. His lips touched mine, it was a magical moment. It felt like our first, first kiss. My hands go through his soft hair. Colby's hands grip my waist. I pull away before it escalated. "Forgive me?" he smirked making one of his dimples appear. "Yes" I simply say with a smile. Colby kisses me once more; I kiss him back.

I finally have Colby back in my life, I'm not letting him go again never ever. If you love someone so intensely that love will never fade ever. He's smiling so big he looks like the Joker. I'm smiling too like Harley Quinn. I'm grateful that Aurora left Colby. Fate is truly on Cole's and I's side and I'm so thankful for that shit.