[17] surprise!

ARIANA'S POV

w o r d s:  4110

p a g e s: 14

"when the world gets too heavy. put it on my back. I'll be your levy. you are taking me apart. like bad glue. on a get well card. It was always you"

I'm late for my period. It's been over a week and I was getting nervous. I called Devyn because Kat was back home in Canada for a few weeks. I was shaking. "Hey, it's going to be okay Ana" Devyn says. "How do you know?" I say looking at her. I'm mentally freaking out. What if I'm pregnant? What if Cole breaks up with me?! Am I even ready for children? I'm only twenty years old! What if it's... no, nope not going there. I play with my ring. "Because I know" she smiled. I just nod looking out the window.

We arrived at Target. We got out and went to find a pregnancy test. My hands began to sweat. "God, I hope I'm not pregnant I'm not ready to be a mom, I know Cole isn't ready" I say looking at my options. "You always talk about having kids" Devyn says putting an arm around my shoulders. "When we are a little older and grown up a little because we are still in the party phrase and well you know" I look at a mother with a child which was about a year old. "Yeah, I do" she shivers. I laugh taking one. "Fuck, what if I am?" I say. "Babe, we'll figure it out together you are part of our family" Devyn smiled as we went to self-checkout. "Can you stay with me when I do it? I don't want to tell Colby not yet" I say still looking at it. "Of course, Ana we can call Kat too" she says. "Sounds like a good idea" I said looking at my phone. Sam and Colby were out filming an exploration video somewhere in California. They'll be out for a while which makes me anxious.

We arrived at my house I couldn't move. I felt numb. I felt like Medusa's snakes cursed me to stone. "Hey, it's okay" Devyn says placing a hand on my shoulder. "I know, I'm just nervous" I say getting out. "It's okay to be nervous" Devyn told me as I open the front door. "I'm just scared about Cole's reaction" I say placing my bag on the floor with a plop. "If he loves you, he'll love the child if you are pregnant" she says as I open the box. "I hope so" I say walking in the bathroom. "I'll wait here okay? I'll text Kat explaining the situation" Dev says. "Okay" I say closing the door. My hands were shaking. Am I really doing this? What will happen with our relationship? I took off the promise ring and placed it in my palm just looking at it. Would I even want this child if I am pregnant? It's making me nervous.

I peed on the test and washed my hands and putting on my promise ring then walked out. Devyn was talking to Kat on face time. "There's our girl!" Kat smiled. "Hi" I say with a smile sitting on the bed. "How are you feeling?" she asked. "Nervous, very nervous" I say playing with the ring. "We are with you in support" Kat says. "Thanks" I smile softly. We have to wait five minutes until it develops. "This is the longest five minutes" I say with a groan. "It's worth the wait" Dev says. "Yeah, I suppose" I say.

Five minutes passed and I walked into the bathroom to get the test I don't look at it until I reach the girls. "Okay, what do you think it is?" I asked. "You're pregnant" Kat says, "You aren't pregnant" Dev says. "I agree with Devyn" I say taking a deep breath and flip it over. My heart dropped. Two lines equals pregnancy, one line equals not pregnant. There was two lines. I was pregnant. "Oh my god" I say covering my mouth. My eyes began to water. I don't know if it was happiness or sadness I couldn't tell. "You're going to be a mom!" Devyn says happily. "Aw congrats Ana!" Kat smiled. "Thanks guys" I say taking out my phone and take a picture of the test. "Are you going to send it to him?" Dev asked. "Yeah, is that a bad thing?" I asked. "I don't think so, what about you Kat?" Devyn asked. "I agree, I mean he'll be gone for a while" Kat says. I nod and take the picture and send it to him.

Me: Guess what baby! You're going to be a dad!

I wait for him to reply. "God this is fucking nerve wrecking" I say. "He's probably running away from security" Dev joked. "Probably" I say looking at my phone. "He'll probably text you when he's done" Kat says. "Yeah, I know he will it's kind of a big deal" I tell her. "Yeah, you have his baby in you!" Kat laughs. "They are my baby too" I laugh. "Okay you got me there" Kat laughs. I laugh as my phone dinged with a text message from Colby. "What did he say?" Kat and Devyn asked at the same time.