[23] going home, for good.

ARIANA'S POV

w o r d s: 1639

p a g e s: 6

There was NO hope for us. We screamed at each other he called me a pathetic bitch I let him call me that because it was true. I WAS a pathetic bitch. I couldn't keep my emotions straight. We loved each other to much it was time for us to depart from each other. I threw the ring at him and went in our room to pack my shit. He slapped me for the first time since we've been together. Tears stung my eyes as his hand connected with my cheek. He apologized but I didn't accept it I screamed at him saying awful things that I wish I could take back. I will always love him even though my actions didn't show it. I said goodbye to The Trap House crew. I said goodbye to Dev and Kat. They hugged me but I knew secretly they hated the way I acted towards Cole and Brennen stringing them along. I couldn't blame them I hated myself too. I'm at Brennen's front door. My hands are sweaty with nerves. I knocked on the door. "God, I can't do this" I say turning away. "Ana?" Brennen asked saying my nickname for me. It almost broke me to tears. "Hey, B I wanted to say goodbye" I tell him. "What?" he asked moving to the side to let me in. Kobe jumped on my legs as I pet him, the final time I'll see the little pooch. "I'm going back to Chicago Bren" I tell him. "Why?" Brennen asked. "Because, B I broke up with Colby and every time I do or touch something it crumbles, I'm not welcome here" I sigh. "You're welcome here, Ana" he tells me. I shake my head as tears threaten to fall. "Yes, you are, Ana" Brennen holds my cheeks. That does it, tears fall rapidly from my eyes.

We are on his couch Kobe on my lap. "I can't stay here, B" I tell him. "Yes, you can, it's late and Chicago from here is way to far you can crash here, I'll take the sofa" he wouldn't take no for an answer. "I'll take the sofa" I say. "Nope, I'm taking the sofa" he playfully smirked. "You're irritating" I say. "I know" he laughs. "I'll miss you, you know" I tell him leaning my head on his shoulder. "I'll miss you too, Ana can we at least face time and text?" Bren asked. "I don't know, B I think you need to forget about me and get someone better" I fumble with my nonexistent ring. "Where's your ring?" Brennen asked looking at my hand. "I gave it back; we aren't together anymore" I sounded pathetic. I AM pathetic I shouldn't even be here. "I'm so sorry Ariana" Brennen puts his arm around my shoulders as a hug. I sniffled I didn't even realize I was crying. "It's my fault isn't? I should have stopped when we were in England" I say as Brennen wiped my tears. "We were caught up in the moment, Ana" he whispered still holding my face. "I'm sorry B, I'm so sorry" I cried again. "For what?" he asked. "For stringing you along for so long" I say. "Ana, you didn't string me along at all most importantly I might have strung you along" he confessed. "What do you mean?" I asked. "I knew you were in love with Colby and I was jealous" he sighs but continues, "He knew I was in love with you first but you chose him instead of me it took everything in me to ruin that so you came running to me and be  with me instead" Brennen didn't look at me, he looked past me.

I didn't know how to feel about this information. My head was spinning I was conflicted to be perfectly honest. But it finally clicked, I was using Cole to push down my feelings for Brennen. That night in England changed my feelings for Cole it decreased but increased my feelings for Brennen. I look at him he looks at my cheek. "What happen?" he puts his index finger underneath my chin and turning my head to face him. "What?" I asked looking at him. "There's a bruise forming on your cheek" his eyes were burning with rage. "What?" I got off the couch and walked to the bathroom and sure enough, there was a tasty bruise on my cheek where Colby smacked me out of rage. "Oh my god" my throat began to close. The image of my dad hitting my mom floods back. I fall to the floor and cry so hard I was shaking. Brennen called my name I didn't hear.

X

I don't remember falling asleep. I don't remember falling asleep in a bed. I rub my eyes and looked around. Where was I? I looked down and saw an arm wrapped around me. It was tanner, stronger than Cole's. I tense and look for the source, Brennen fucking Taylor. I nibbled my lip he looked so peaceful. His dark undid hair fell in his face I brushed it gently out of his face. His beautiful green eyes fluttered but stayed closed. I continued to look at him but then at my nude ring finger. It wasn't a dream after all it was real. Me and Colbert are done for good. Fuck I can't believe I'm leaving here today. Leaving Brennen and all the memories the good and bad. Brennen stirs removing his hand from my waist. I sneak out of the bed and went to the bathroom. I still had my shirt on so that's a good thing. My cheek had a nasty bruise on it and I noticed that a small bruise formed on my arm. "God, Cole why did you do that" I whisper touching it and wince. It was still tender. I wash my face with water and went to the restroom.

I got in bed again checking the time. It was going on ten am. I have to go soon. "B" I say nudging him gently. "Hmm" Brennen groans. "Brennen, I have to go soon" I tell him. His green eyes look into mine sleepily and did a goofy smile. "Seriously, B wake up" I say nudging him playfully. "What time is it?" he asked. His morning voice was sexy sexier than Cole's. "Ten" I replied as he buried his face in the pillow. "B, come on" I say laying my head on his pillow our faces inches apart. "Can you kiss me?" he asked. "If you wake up" I say with a laugh. "Deal" he gets up and stretches he walks to my side of the bed and pulls my legs. "Ah! Brennen!" I say laughing as he makes my legs attach to him. He laughs pulling me towards him our lips connect. I relax into the kiss it was new and exciting. I want this to last but I know it won't. "Brennen, I can't" I say as I broke the kiss. "What? Why?" he asked. "You have to forget me, forget us everything" I beg him as I jump down from his grip. "Ana, I can't forget you" he grips my hand gently. "B, you and Colby are friends no scratch that BEST friends I can't be here when you two are hanging out all the time" I tell him putting on my leggings. "Ana, we can still talk" B tells me. I sigh he doesn't get it. "Brennen, I need time to heal so does Cole and everyone else I'll just be everyone's imagination" I tell him.

Brennen makes coffee as I pet Kobe and taking pictures of the little guy. I sneak some of Brennen. I can't help it; he looks so good shirtless. "Do you have to leave today?" Bren asked. "Yes, I do" I say taking the mug of coffee. "Let me give you something of mine so you can remember me" Brennen disappears into his room and comes out with something in his hands. "B..." I say as he hands me a hoodie with something inside the sleeve. "Brennen, what is this?" I asked taking out a necklace with a B attached to it. "I bought it at a gift shop in England and I wanted to buy it for you I don't know why" he blushed. "Brennen, I love it" I tell him. "You do?" Brennen asked. I nodded with a smile. "Oh, thank god" he smiled kissing my forehead. "But the hoodie?" I asked. "It gets cold right?" Bren asked. "Yeah it does, thanks" I tell him. "No problem" Brennen smiled.

X

After breakfast I hugged him goodbye and said goodbye to Kobe. "Wait" Brennen grabbed my arm. "What?" I asked as he brings his lips to mine. We stayed like that for a long time. "A goodbye kiss" he smiled kissing me once more. I blushed as I walked to my car. I put on the necklace and drove to my hometown where I belong for good. I'm leaving my friends who are now just past memories. I'm leaving the boys who I loved so much without even realizing it. I'm leaving the warm weather to the cold. I'm reliving my past life. I'm moving back to my childhood home. I'm coming home to my old friends. I'm coming home to my old job and familiar faces. I'm going to stay away from my Los Angelis life and engulf in my old Chicago girl life. I sigh changing Colby and I's song from my playlist. Colby needs this so do I. They ALL need this. I'm doing this for them because well, I love them, all of them.

I need to stay home, for good. It's for the best after all.