[44] my ex is what?

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 1844

p a g e s: 5

Ariana was out doing wedding things with Apryl and Alec so, I was home to marvel in the silence for a change. I was editing a YouTube video for Sam and Colby's series The Origin we are finding out if we are truly haunted. Which I know we are. I look at the time in the right-hand corner it was going around four and she's not back yet, I'm not surprised though I'm letting her take all the reins on this wedding. I mean I'm helping too, don't get me wrong. I'm picking out the food, drinks, deserts, and writing down invitations to family and friends back home. I'm almost done with most. Ariana already sent hers. I rub my eyes which were tired from looking at a screen from long hours. I went in the kitchen to get a glass of water and something to eat. Ari texted me saying she's on her way home. I smiled replying quickly. Ever since our kids came into our world everything became real, like I was born to be a dad. I think I'm doing a good damn job with the responsibility. I think Ari agrees with me.

An hour passes, and Ari and the kids comes through the door. "Go see daddy" Ariana smiled as the kids crawled to me. I picked Alec up and kissed his nose which he squirms away from me. She laughs as she plops down next to me. "How were the wedding things?" I asked putting an arm around her. "I love you" Ari smiled. "I love you" I replied. "Oh, and I ran into Amanda today" my future wife says nonchalantly. I look at her. "She's also getting married" Ari puts her feet in my lap. "Really? Wow, that's shocking" I say. "Yeah, she's happy for us too. I think she suspected us getting this far" she laughs. "Who's the lucky guy?" I asked sarcastically. "Don't know, he wasn't there" Ari yawns. "Well, I just hope not the past repeats itself" I stated rolling my eyes. "Hey, she deserves to be happy too" Ari nudges me. "Sorry, sorry I still can't believe my bitch of an ex is getting married" I scoffed. "Hey" Ari puts her hands on my face. "What?" I asked looking at her. "Be nice, she deserves a happy ending too. Sure, it was shitty for what she did to you in the past but, like I said she deserves a happy ending like us" she tells me so genuinely tears start to swell. She's right, of course she's fucking right... she's right about everything.

We were getting ready for bed and talking about the wedding. I was beginning to get nervous. I still want to marry her, I'm just nervous. "You're not second thinking about this whole thing, are you?" Ari asked wearing my shirt. "No, no of course not" I say smiling climbing into bed with her. My hands grazed her hips causing her to blush. "It's been too long" I stated. "So long" she smiled. "You're not wearing any underwear, aren't you?" I smirked. "Never" she cooed. "God, I missed this" I say kissing her. "Me too" Ari stated taking off her shirt. My boxers tighten on the sight of her naked, beautiful body. My hands wander her body like I've done multiple times in the past. Ariana whimpers with need and goddamn it I lost it. I buried my head in her thighs. Her moans filled the room and her hands combed through my hair. I was in such a state of pleasure I couldn't hold it back anymore. I ditched the condom and just went in. It felt so good and so foreign. A moan escaped my mouth. "Cole" Ari whispered. I know she's close to climaxing. "Cum for me, baby" I say, I'm so close too. "Ah" she moans. She's cumming and I am too. I never came this hard in my life. "Fuck" I say plopping down next to her. "Agreed" she's panting. "I was waiting for that for so long" I stated cuddling her. "Me too" Ari smiles.

X

I was feeding our kids so Ari can sleep in more. We are falling into a routine, sex late, late at night and letting my baby sleep more. "Apryl, no baby" I say softly as my daughter who was playing with her baby food. "You don't have to do that" Ari's groggy voice says. She was rubbing her eyes and her hair is a mess. My shirt hit just above her knees. "I want to" I say as she wraps her arms around my neck. "Well, thank you" she smiled. "You're welcome" I say kissing her hand. She wiggles free to get a cup of coffee. "So, what are we doing today?" I asked. "I need a day in, I don't know what you're doing but I'm catching up on my YouTube" she stated. I laughed as I finished with Alec's food. "I'm hanging out with Brennen today to film and just catch up" I tell her. "Really?" Ariana asked. "Yeah, I can take the kids with me if you want" I suggested. "If you want to" she smiled putting bread in the toaster. "Yeah, you need a break just for a couple hours" I smiled. "You're sweet" Ari stays kissing the top of my head then our kids. "How are they behaving?" she asked as the toaster spits up the now toast. "Pretty good, minus Apryl playing with her food" I say. "She does that" Ari laughs picking up Apryl so she can clean her up. "My messy girl" she coos sitting down Apryl on the counter to wipe her face and hands. Apryl fusses as my future wife cleans up her mess.

X

I kissed Ari as I was about to leave. "Be careful, okay?" she tells me. "I will, baby" I say as she helps me with the car seats. "Say hi for me to Brennen" Ari says as she finishes. "I will" I reassured her. "You better" she threatened playfully. I roll my eyes as I kiss her. "I'm late because of you" I tease. "Okay, okay sorry" she throws her hands up. "I love you" I say starting the car. She smiled as I drove off. I played those little stupid children songs as they mumbled gibberish. I tapped on the stirring wheel. I hate them so much but goddamn they are catchy. Of course, there's traffic fifteen minutes later. I texted Brennen saying I'll be late. He replied with a simple that's fine. Sometimes, I wish I could live somewhere else that traffic isn't even a thing. "How are you two doin?" I look in the mirror and they were asleep. I chuckled softly changing the music. I turned down the volume so I won't wake up the kids.

I reached Brennen's house and now the kiddos are awake. "We are at Uncle's house" I cooed as Apryl rubs her eyes. Alec's still asleep. "Wake up sleepy head" I say to Alec. His little mouth escapes a little yawn. I text my best friend saying I was here. I wrestled with the car seat as Brennen helps me. "Thanks bro" I say. "You're welcome, hello my niece and nephew" Brennen coos as my babies "One of these days we will have you over for dinner you can bring Kobe too" I say with a smile. "Sounds good to me" Brennen says holding Apryl.

We went inside and Kobe came bolting to the door. "Hello my furry son" I say setting down Alec. "How old are they now?" Brennen asked. "A few weeks now" I say. "Wow, really?" Brennen asked. "Yep, they're growing like fuckin weeds" I stated as Kobe was checking out the babies. "Yeah no doubt" Brennen jokes causing me to laugh. "So, what do you want to film today?" I asked. "You know how I'm on the trying worst or the best food?" he asked. "Yeah" I say plopping on the couch watching the babies look around his place. I realized that this is the first time they've seen his place. "We can do that" he suggested. "Sure, yeah" I nodded in agreement. "Cool" he smiled.

X

We were walking around to find a place when I bumped into someone with copper short hair. "Oh sorry" I say. "It's okay, I didn't see you" she smiled sweetly. My whole body went ice. Amanda was face to face to me. She looked down at Alec and Apryl. "Cute babies, by the way are they yours?" she asked. "Yeah, they are" I say. "It's nice to see you again, Colby" Amanda stated smiling. "You too, Manda and congratulations" I say. "Thank you, same for you I knew you two would get together because of me. You should be thanking me" she smirked. Still a bitch, she hasn't changed. "I guess so" I say pushing down the urge to roll my eyes. I still hate her.

We talked for a few moments then we said our good lucks in the future then headed our separate ways. Brennen and I finished filming the video and just chilled until late at night. Ariana will rip me a new one it's so late plus the babies are asleep. "It was nice to see you man" Brennen smiled. "You too, bro" I say hugging him. "I didn't mean to keep you this late" he laughs helping me with the car seat. "It's fine, Ariana would yell at me for being out so late with Apryl and Alec but it's whatever" I laughed. We said goodbye and I headed home. I called Ari saying I'm coming home. There was no reply. I figured she wouldn't reply, she's probably asleep.

I arrived home trying not to wake up the kids. I go inside and went to put the kids to bed when the light flips on. "Seriously, Colby?" Ari snapped. "Look, I'm sorry I was out so late I didn't mean to especially with Apryl and Alec" I say. "You're a father now, Cole don't you understand that?" she glared at me. "I do understand that, baby we just lost time and Apryl and Alec are safe and asleep, I fed them and played with them and all that" I say throwing my hands up. "I love that but you can't just go out with your buddies and then come home at 2am! I was worried that something bad happen to you and OUR KIDS! Did you forget that?" she shows me her hand. "This right here, this ring is our bond" I stare at the ring. "Look, I'm sorry I'm here now and I'm alive along with Apryl and Alec" I sighed. "Just, don't do it again please or just leave the kids here with me" Ari stated. "I will, can we go to sleep?" I asked. Ariana nods and that was that. We got ready for bed and crashed so hard it was the best sleep of my life.