[26] haunted.

A R I A N A 'S P O V

w o r d s: 1728

p a g e s: 5

"i have known it all this time. but I never thought I'd live to see it break. it's getting dark and its all too quiet. and I can't trust anything now. and its comin' over you like its all a big mistake. holding my breath, won't lose you again. something's made your eyes go cold"

It's been a few days and I'm already in the swing of things. Devyn and I talked for a while about everything that happen between Colby, Brennen and I. It was nice, more than nice really. Devyn hugged me with tears streaming down her face. tears were streaming down mine too. I never really talked about any of that with anyone. My mom isn't here to talk too. My dad is still in prison not like I can talk to him about this, I don't trust him like at all with this. I still feel Colby's strong, safe arms around me, his soft lips against mine. It's like we were together still. I love him still, I truly, truly love him I don't want to date anyone else. I want Colby, it's always Colby. Sure, we have our bad moments but we had our good, really fucking good moments.

My phone buzzes snapping me out of my thoughts. I look at it and immediately start freaking out. It was an old flame whom was bad news. We got in contact while I was in Chicago. We had a thing for like two weeks that's it. It was nothing serious but he thinks so. He's been calling me nonstop, texting me nonstop. I haven't been answering. I can't and I won't. I have no feelings for him what so ever. I tried to get a new number but he always seems to find it. So, I gave up and began to ignore his calls and delete his messages. I told Devyn and Kat about him that's about it. I can't tell Sam or Cole or even Brennen oh god, Brennen I haven't talked to him since I left his house. I told him to forget about me and I hope he did and find someone who isn't me.

My phone buzzes again and again and again. It's driving me insane. "What?!" I snapped. "Um, Ari it's me" a warm voice came through. "Brennen?" I asked. "Yeah, who else would it be?" he laughs. "How are you?" I asked feeling my heart beat out of my chest. "I'm good, how've you been? We haven't talked since you left my house" Brennen laughs. "Yeah, yeah I'm good so..." I drawled out the 'o'. "Right, um I was wondering if you wanted to come over or something you know catch up?" Brennen sounded nervous. "Brennen, I told you" I tell him. "I know, I know I just wanted to talk" he laughs nervously. "Um, yeah sure I'll come by soon" I say. "Cool, cool" Brennen says. I hang up and get dressed since I'm still in my pajamas. My feelings for Brennen have subsided since I was in Chicago. I just hope all these emotions won't flood back in.

I changed into a romper and put my makeup on. I put my hair up in a messy bun. I looked decent. I mean I'm not going there to impress Brennen I miss him. The night when I left my old life behind me, I just wanted all my feelings to be gone. My feelings for Brennen included. I want Brennen and I to be friends, just friends. I groan in frustration as I wait for my uber. What am I doing? I'm going to mess this up, I swear it. A car honks making me come back to reality. "For Ariana?" I asked the driver. "Yep" the driver says. I get in and I was on my way to Brennen's. I texted him saying I'm on my way. The driver and I talked back and forth until we arrived. "Have a good day, Ariana" the driver tells me. "You too" I smiled. I watched the driver leave and walked up the steps and knocked. Brennen came to the door Kobe in toe. "Hey" I smiled. Brennen hugs me. "Hi" he replied. "It's good to see you" I say. "Good to see you too, Ana" he smiled letting me in Kobe jumps up on my legs. "Hey baby" I picked up Kobe. He licked my face. "So, when did you come?" he asked. "A few days ago, why?" I asked. "Just wondering" Brennen tells me. "Okay..." I say sitting on the couch. "So, what did you leave behind?" he asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "In Chicago" he says as Kobe snuggled against me. "Oh, well it's been great to be honest" I say. "Really?" he asked. "Kind of, but what's up with you?" I asked. "Pretty good, I found someone" he replied. "Really? Who?" I asked. "Her name is Maggie" Brennen's face reddens. "How long" I asked relieved. "A few days" he rubs his neck. "I'm glad you found someone" I said. "Well, you told me too" he laughs. "Okay, true" I laughed. We talked about our lives. It was nice. I'm glad that Brennen found someone who actually made him happy.

X

I was back in my hotel room when my phone rings again. I look at it and his name popped up again. My heart started racing at cheetah speed. I hate him, I hate him so much for what he did to me. How much pain he caused me for weeks. My mom told me once that there's little room for hate, if you do hate someone, they must do something so bad to you there's nothing to come back from. That's one of these times. I hit ignore again. He texted me the thousandth time. I shut my phone off and laid back on my bed. I should call the police but what are they going to do? He hasn't hurt me or anything he's just been texting and calling me nonstop.

I wonder what Colby would think about this situation. I bit my lip turning my phone back on. Soon enough, there were billions of messages from Lucas; my fling. I don't know what to do. I'm going absolutely mad. I text Colby if he's busy. He texted me saying he is. I groan texting anybody who was not busy. I need to talk to someone about this. Kyra texted me saying she's on her way. I'm so thankful for my friend. My phone rings again, and again. There was a knock at my door. I got up and answer it. It was Kyra. "Thank god you came" I say hugging her. "Hey, it's okay what's up?" she asked hugging me back. I tell her everything about Lucas. The verbal abuse, the threats, the physical abuse. When I was finished, we were both crying. "Oh my god, Ariana and he's still trying to contact you?" she asked. I nod as my phone rings again. Kyra swipes my phone and presses accept. "Look, douche bag, call her again and I'll report you to the cops" she says angrily and hang up. I look at her. "What?" she asked. "You shouldn't have done that" I say horrified. "Why?" she asked. "Because, he'll keep doing it until the cops come" I say. "Oh babe, I'm sorry" Kyra tells me. "It's okay, really" I sigh. My phone rings again. Kyra and I look at each other. "How many times does this happen?" Kyra asked. "A lot, almost every day" I sigh. "Did you get a new number?" she asked. "Yep, this is my third one" I flop on my bed.

We catch up. It's nice to see someone out of The Trap House. "So, you don't have to answer but why did you date someone like Lukas?" Kyra asked. I told her the story about Lukas' and I's history. I blinked back tears when I told her about the relationship. "Ari, I'm so sorry" Kyra hugs me. "I don't know why I went out with him again" I sigh. My friend puts a hand on my thigh. "I'm sorry, Ari" she tells me. "It's fine, well not really but I just want him to leave me alone" I sigh getting up. "Yeah, when you go home tell the cops" she tells me. "I was going to" I tell her. She nods. We talk about our love lives to lighten the mood. It was nice to hear about someone else's relationship for a change. After we hung out for a few hours, Kyra had to run some errands. "I'll see you later, Ari" she hugs me. "Yeah, thanks for today" I say. "No problem, babe" she smiled waving. I shut my door and just sat on the floor away from my phone. I'm going fucking insane. I hate it, I hate it so much. I just hope Lukas will go away eventually.

Eventually I get my ass off the floor and take a shower and call some room service. I absolutely love room service. I may even watch some Gossip Girl or another show. I take off my romper and my bra also my panties then walked in the bathroom to shower. It felt so good, I never realized how tense I was. I need a massage or something. I finished my shower then stepped out. The face time tone sang. "Shit" I sigh wrapping myself with my towel. I answer anyways. "Um, bad time, Cole" I say. "Um, who is this?" a female voice asked I didn't recognize. "Who is this? Colby face timed me or was it an accidental click?" I asked. "Um the second one, sorry" she laughed showing her face. I knew her. "Aurora?" I asked showing my face. "Ariana?" she asked shocked as I am. "You know Colby?" I asked. "Um, I'm dating him" she tells me. I felt my heart actually squeeze in my chest. I thought he was single. Why didn't he tell me? "Wh-what?" I asked. "Yeah, for a few weeks now" she tells me. "Wow, we haven't seen each other since high school" I tell her. "Yeah, what are the odds?" she asked. "What are the odds" I echo.