[10] deep talks.

COLBY'S POV

w o r d s: 1915

p a g e s: 5

"having a deep, powerful conversation at night with a right person is priceless" -sangeetha nandha gopalan

After the fiasco with Ariana's psychopathic ex-boyfriend Ari wasn't herself. She wasn't the happy, bubbly girl I'd fall in love with. She was a like a zombie, drinking all the time to numb the pain. She is now smoking weed to cloud up her thoughts. We haven't spoken in a few weeks and I was back to my old self before Ari. I locked myself in my room and just looked up at my ceiling and looking at my phone to see if she'll text me. Of course, there'll be some from of Sam and the rest of the roommates. I ignored them. "Come on man, she'll come around I know she will" Sam says as I told him the situation. "She'll bounce back, she always does" Kat reassured me. It's been weeks. She hasn't bounced back. She's in a motel room getting drunk and high or probably getting fucked by some other guy. I groan getting up. "Fuck it" I say grabbing my belongings. "I'll be back" I say. "Checking up on Ariana?" Aaron asked. "Yep" I say as the door shut behind me.

I fixed my hair in the window and knocked on the door. "Who is it?" Ari's voice was muffled. "It's me, Ari open up" I say. She opens it and there was a joint in her hand. "Hey, come join me!" she giggled, clearly high as the caterpillar in Alice in Wonderland. I roll my eyes at my girl. "Baby, you have to stop this" I say. She giggled as she laid on the floor starfish style. "Baby don't be such a stick in the mud!" she tells me blowing out the smoke. I sigh. "You're acting like a child" I tell her. "So, what?" she says looking at me. "Is this how you cope now? Drinking and smoking just to forget the shit you've been through for the past couple weeks, I haven't seen you or heard your voice in weeks" I tell her as she crosses her legs. "Sorry babe, I was distracted" she shrugged as she walked outside and stepped on the joint. (Okay, I never smoked in my entire life I dunno how joins work... educate me in the comments pls thx). "Distracted? DISTRACTED?!" I yell. She didn't flinch. "Yes, because I don't want to live in fear that my ex is still out there traumatizing other girls or come back to me and trash everything all over again" she says.

We argued and I left. This was our first argument. I hated myself so much. I went in the glove box to grab my pack of cigarettes and my lighter. "One for my shitty relationship" I say as I lit the stick and blew out the gray smoke. I looked to see if Ari was looking at me. She wasn't. "Fuck" I sighed hitting my forehead on my steering wheel. "If you can't be them, join them" I stated and drove to a party store to get some liquor. I paid and drove back to her motel room. When I got there, there was another car in my spot. I knew that car, it was Brennen's. Was she cheating on me with my best friend? A lump formed in my throat. I got out and slammed my door and aggressively knocked on her door. "ANA! OPEN THIS NOW!" I yell. She opens the door and Brennen was sitting on the bed. "Seriously, Brennen?!" I say walking in the room with the case of liquor. "Hey man, I'm her friend and she called me" Brennen says. "I did, he really helped me through this" Ari says. "What? He supplies you with weed and alcohol?!" I yell. "Cole, stop it, he doesn't smoke" Ari tells me. Her eyes looked at me with fear. "So, he gives you alcohol?!" I asked setting down the box. "No, he doesn't Colby, I talk to him about what's been bothering me" she snapped tears brim her eyes. I took a deep ass breath. I was hurting her more.

X

It was a few days and Ariana left the motel and stayed at the Trap House until she found another apartment. We where on my bed. My back to the bedframe and Ari in between my legs. Our fingers intertwining. Her head on my chest. I felt her heart skip a beat every time I kiss her head. We didn't talk, we just sat there and enjoying each other's company. She plays with one of my rings. "Baby?" I asked breaking our silence. "Yeah?" she asked. "What do you see in the future?" I asked. She looked at me with a curious look. "What do you mean?" she asked, she was now facing me. "I mean, do you see me in your future?" I asked. "Of course, Cole" she tells me. "Are you saying that?" I asked. "Baby, you get me like no one else does. You literally helped me through me drowning myself in alcohol and weed. I love you and only you" she says. "I see you in my future too" I tell her taking her hands. Ari's eyes sparkled with excitement. "What do you think it'll be like?" she asked returning to our original position. "What do you mean?" I asked. "If we end up getting married, what would it be like" she asked. "Well, we would have two dogs two corgis obviously. We would switch off for cooking, I'll do one week then you'll do the other. If you had a stressful day at work, I'll run you a bath and light your favorite scented candle and make you food so you can just relax. We would have movie nights on Fridays through Sundays we just binge a Netflix show" I tell her. "What would our Corgis be called?" she asked. "Well, what gender do you want the corgs?" I asked her. "Hmm, one male and one female" she tells me. "Well, we can name one Oscar and one Emily" I tell her. "I like that" she smiled.

We talked about the future till dinner. Since Ari was the cook in the house, she had to cook us dinner. "Duty calls baby" she tells me. "Ugh, I wish Devyn was here" I sigh. Devyn was back home with Corey for the weekend. "I know baby" Ari says getting up and stretching. I wrap my arms around her. She smiled as I kiss her neck softly. "Cole" she laughs wiggling out of my grasp and fixing her hair. "Sorry, sorry" I laugh as she walked out and went into the kitchen. "Okay fuckers, what do you want?" Ari yells. I laugh. "Whatever you want, Ana you're the cook" Sam says from the couch. "Thanks Sam" she rolls her eyes grabbing a cook book she bought at target. "You're welcome" Sam says. Ari flips through the cook book and searches through the fridge and cupboards. "Wow, you have nothing" she groans. "Baby, if you need anything I'll go to the store and get things" I say putting a hand on her back. "Thanks baby" she smiled and tells me what she needed. "I'll be back in five" I tell her and kiss her.

I was back with her ingredients. "You are a life saver my love" she smiled kissing me. "Of course, baby girl" I smiled. "Ah guys come on now!" Jake groans as we were making out on the island. "Sorry, sorry I'll get to cooking" Ari says. I was still cupping her cheeks. "We'll continue this later" she tells me with a wink. "Dessert?" I asked. "Dessert" she smirked as I help her off the island. I walk out of the kitchen and sat on the couch scrolling on my phone.

Twenty minutes passed as we all got a text that dinner was ready. "Smells good baby girl" I say walking in the kitchen. "Why thank you" she smiled styling the plates. "Whoa! It smells like a goddamn diner in here!" Corey says excitedly as Ari slapped his hand away. "I'm not done!" she exclaimed as she styled the last plate. "Okay, tell me what you think" she smiled proudly of her work. "Wow" Jake says. "Yeah" Aaron says. "What is it?" Corey asked. Ariana laughs and shows us a picture of meatloaf. "This is the best meatloaf I ever had" Sam says. "Aw thanks guys" Ari smiled taking a bite of her food.

After dinner, I helped Ariana with the dishes. "I think everyone would be sad if you left" I say. "They'll only miss me because I can cook" she laughs scrubbing a plate. "Well, I'm not so sure" I tell her drying the same plate. "I know that" she laughs cleaning other things. We talked while we were cleaning. "God y'all are messy" she groans. "Baby, stop worrying" I tell her as she scrubs down the counter. "I feel like y'all maid" she groans again. "Well, then this would be inappropriate" I tell her hugging her from behind. She looks at me as I move her hair to one side and kiss her soft spot. She licks her lips and bites her bottom lip. "Let's take this upstairs, yeah?" I whisper in her ear. "Or we can do it here" she smiled sitting on the counter. "Oh, guys come on!" Aaron groans. We both had our shirts off. "Sorry, Aaron" Ari blushes hopping down.

We went to the bed room and had the best sex we've ever had. It was hungry, passion filled, soft and delicate. It wasn't rough, it was love making. I wanted to show her how much I appreciate her that I'm not using her for sex and whatnot. I want her to know how much beauty and grace she has out of this bedroom. I want her to know that she's my queen to my kingdom. I want her to know that I want to be with her till death do us part. I want her to know that I want her to be the mother of my children. I want her to know that she is my drug and I want to overdose every time I am with her and see her beautiful face.

She lays on top of my chest making hearts in my chest. My arm wrapped around her waist and playing with her damp hair. "You are the most beautiful girl I ever seen" I tell her. She looks at me with rosy cheeks. "You are the most beautiful boy I ever seen" she replied with a smile. I smiled and flipped us. I kissed her face. Ari bursts into laughter. It's music to my ears. I love hearing her laugh like this. it wasn't fake, it was from the heart. "Baby!" she squealed. "What? I just love you" I smiled as I return us to our normal position. "And I love you, Cole" Ari smiled.

We got ready for bed when Ari got a call from a hospital in Chicago. Ariana walked out of the room I could hear her crying. I gotten worried but I just laid in the bed waiting for her to return. When she got back Ari sniffled placing her phone on the charger and came in the bed. "What's wrong?" I asked. "My mom... she was victim to domestic violence" she said dejectedly.