[03] the party.

ARIANA'S POV

w o r  d s: 2716

p a g e s: 8

"that nothing here's new, and I'm obsessed with you, then I fell to the ground and you smiled at me and said I don't wanna see you cry"

When Colby isn't here besides me. I feel lonely. I know he's my friend. But I think there's something more going between us. I groan awake to a billion messages from Brennen. I sigh. Brennen Taylor, Colby's best friend who also has a crush on me. I sigh. I only see him as a friend but he doesn't see that.

Brennen: Hey! Are you going to Colby's party?

Brennen: If so, what are you wearing?

Brennen: We can match, we'll be the hottest couple at the party!

Brennen: Ari?

Me: Bren, we aren't a couple and you know I have feelings for Colby. It's always going to be Colby.

Brennen: I'll win you over, Ariana at the party.

Me: Brennen...

Brennen: Ari, I need you. We'll have fun tonight I promise.

Me: No funny business Bren, I mean it. I won't be another Amanda.

Brennen: If he won't make a move tonight I will, enough said.

Me: I won't let you.

Brennen: We'll see about that.

I stopped texting him after that. Brennen is always aggressive with me when Colby isn't around. I sigh getting up. I open my blinds to let the natural sunlight in. I walk into the bathroom and do my morning routine. I put on Colby's shirt that I stole from him yesterday. It still smells like him. You look good in my shirt his voice echoed in my head. I reached for a mug for coffee. I like waking up like this Colby's husky sleepy voice echoed through my head. I can't help but smile softly. Does he really feel that way? My mind is so foggy. I make breakfast and put on my feel-good playlist. I dance with my spatula as I make an omelet. Today will be a good day I can just feel it.

After breakfast, I walk to my room to change into my running clothes. I brush my hair and put it in a high ponytail. I put on deodorant and my running shoes. I grab my keys, bag, and my ear pods then made my way to a hiking trail I always go too. When I arrive, I stretch out my legs and everything else. I put in my ear pods and start walking to begin with. I always go running when my mind is so fucked beyond repair. I walk for ten minutes then I start to jog. Queen Bey always hypes me up when I go running. I get a phone call in the middle of my run. "Hello?" I say out of breath. "Hey, Ari" Brennen answers. "What Bren" I say annoyed. "I was wondering if you want me to drive you to Colby's tonight" he replied I could hear him smiling.  "I know where he lives Brennen" I say. "I know, you can save gas" he told me. "Bren, you can't take no for an answer you know, that right?" I say taking a sip of water. "I know, so I'll pick you up at seven" he told me. "Ugh fine, but I'm not going to hang out with you" I tell him annoyed. "That's fine, we can hang later if you know what I mean" Brennen told me. "You're gross, Brennen" I say hanging up.

After my run I went home and showered. I had a good run, I feel better and my head feels a little clearer. After my shower I put on Colby's new YouTube video while I cleaned my apartment. "Hey, it's you and Ariana" I hear Jake say stopped what I was doing and watched it. Someone made an edit like a movie trailer of Colby and I. It was so cute. I commented on Colby's video and continued cleaning. My phone dinged and instantly got annoyed. "Brennen, I'm not going to sleep with you" I snapped. "What?! Brennen wants to sleep with you?!" I heard Kat say. "Yeah, he does at the party" I say annoyingly. "Are you going to?" she asked. "No, I might make out with him that's it" I say. At parties I always make out with Brennen and Colby get's mad at me for making out with his best friend. Kat sighs. "I know it's wrong for me to do because I like Colby but it keeps Brennen happy" I sigh. "But you don't like Brennen" Kat said. "I know that" I say. "Don't do it tonight okay?" she asked. "Why?" I asked. "Just wait and see, Ari" she tells me. "That's ominous" I say. "Just don't make out with him, please" Kat told me. "Okay, I won't Kat I promise" I promised. She knows I don't break promises.