You Join The Team

Scout

It was a beautiful day out, so you and Scout were hanging out at the park and he was teaching you how to play baseball.

"Come on, baby doll, you almost hit it." Jeremy encouraged you.

"You've said that the last three misses." You groaned

"Causes it true, (Y/N). Come on, just keep your eye on the ball, and don't forget to breathe."

You took a deep breath before looking at Jeremy.

"Okay throw it." You said holding the bat up.

Jeremy throws the ball and this time you were able to hit the ball sending it flying in the air.

"I DID IT!" You cheered jumping up and down like a little kid.

Jeremy couldn't help but laugh as he ran to you, pulling you into a hug.

"See I told ya you could do it," Jeremy exclaimed. "With a little more practice, you can be as great as me."

You smiled at his comment pulling him into a kiss. You two were like this for a while before you guys were interrupted.

"Scout!" A female yelled.

You two pulled away to see a female walking towards you guys.

"Oh hey, Miss Pauling." Jeremy greeted her.

You already knew Jeremy was a mercenary, he had told you a month after you guys started dating and you had no problem with his job. So you already knew who Miss Pauling was, but this was the first time you ever have seen her.

"Hey Scout," She greeted, she looked over at you. "You must be (Y/N), Scout never shuts up about you." She held out her hand and gladly shook it. "Sorry to interrupt your date but the administrator has a new mission and she wants the whole team on it."

Jeremy groaned grabbing his bat from the ground. He then walked over to you.

"Sorry, we can't spend the day together as I planned."

"It's okay." You reassured him, it wasn't the first this has happened.

"You know, the administrator has been wanting me to look for a 10th member for the RED Team and I think you would be a great member if you're interested." Miss Pauling suggested to you, handing you a contract.

You looked it over and sure it sounded really dangerous, but it also sounds really cool and the pay is way more than you get at your shitty job.

"I'll join! You got a pen?" You asked.

"Wait, are you sure about this (Y/N)? This job can be pretty dangerous." Jeremy told you as Miss Pauling gave you a pen.

"Yes. It may be dangerous but it sounds fun too! Besides, we'll be able to see each other all the time." You cheered.

"Well, I can't say no to seeing your beautiful face all the time."

Pyro

Phoenix and you were hanging out at your house watching movies when Phoenix got a phone call. Phoenix groaned as he grabbed his phone and look at the number.

"I got to take this, I'll be right back," Phoenix said before getting up and leaving the room.

You continue to watch the movie, it didn't take long before Phoenix came back.

"Miss Pauling has a job for me to do, she going to stop by and give me the details," Phoenix told you before sitting down.

It was no secret to you that Phoenix was a mercenary. You knew something was different about him before he even told you. You didn't have a problem with his job, you actually wish you can work with him but he always changes the subject when you asked. It didn't take long before there was a knock on the door, Phoenix open to greet Miss Pauling.