36. Imminent Eventual Day

August's POV

Nagising na lang ako na magaan ang pakiramdam. I can't hear nothing but the smooth blow of the air conditioner. Ilang beses pa akong napakurap and the event last night flashed back in my mind na parang naka-autoreplay kaya napabangon ako bigla at napatingin sa paligid and I saw the sofa occupied by a god. Charot! It's occupied by Cayden and he is sleeping soundly though it is obvious that he doesn't fit on the sofa. It's too small for him. Bakit naman kasi ang tangkad niya?

Tahimik akong bumangon at pumanhik ako sa banyo. Naghilamos na lang ako at nagtoothbrush. Naramdaman ko na rin na masakit ang tiyan ko kaya nagbawas na rin ako. Lumabas ako na tulog pa rin si Cayden. Hindi ko na namalayan kung anong oras ito nakatulog dahil una naman akong nakatulog kesa sa kanya.

Hindi ko alam kung ano ang pagkakaabalahan ko. Tiningnan ko ang oras at alas cuatro pa ng umaga. Sobrang aga kong nagising na kadalasan ay mga 7am na ako nagigising lalo na kung alam ko na hindi ako pupunta sa office. Or malamang talagang nakapagpahinga lang ako ng bongga kaya nagising ako ng maaga.

Naibaling ko naman ang tingin ko sa desk at nakita ko doon ang aking libro na talagang sinadya ko pa kahapon sa Laguna. Pumanhik ako papalapit sa desk at kinuha ko ang libro. Nawala ito sa isip ko kahapon. Buti na lang at napanhik ang tingin ko rito dahil kung hindi ay baka hindi ko kaagad na naman ito mababasa.

Bumalik ako sa kama at halos magtalukbong ako ng kumot dahil sa lamig ng air con pero na hagip naman ng mga mata ko na nahulog ang kumot ni Cayden kaya napabangon ako ulit para kunin yun ay ibalot kay Cayden. Wala pa naman itong t-shirt pang-itaas. Hindi ko alam kung bakit nakahubad baro ito eh ang lamig lamig ng kuwarto. Dahan dahan kong inilagay ang kumot at salamat sa diyos dahil hindi naman ito nagising.

Bumalik ako sa aking kama na walang ginawang ingay. I grabbed the book and stare at the cover bago yun binuksan. The first page was blank and second page has credits and some text that I did not bother to read. Ganyan talaga ako. I turned to the very first chapter and read.

I never thought that I would die this way. I was just on my way to home from work. I never thought that this people is about to end my life. From the alleys where I was walking, I was dragged to the highest building in Shanghai. I don't have any idea what they want from me. All I felt was fear. I am afraid to die.

"You dared to mess with our boss. You got some nerve you dog." A man with a scorpion tattoo on his left neck said that to me.

I cringed. An image appeared on my mind. The only person they can mean is the mobster named Xui Rai Tien. A female mobster that wanted me dead because of the prosecution that lead her to prison and I was the opposing lawyer.

I always knew that my job was dressed with danger especially if the opposing clients are mobsters, but there is nothing that I can do. I only did fight for the truth and winning the case means a lot with people who reached me for help to bring justice to their dead daughter.

"Please spare me. I really-" I almost fainted with the excruciating pain when I felt someone punched me hard in my stomach. I felt an iron taste on my mouth. I guess it is blood.

"We are ordered to kill you to make you repent your bad decision in......hell...." the man answered as he point the gun and pulled the trigger. I felt the bullet hit my shoulder blade and because of the impact and pain I was pushed hard and uncontrollably walking backwards and the next thing I know is I was falling. I screamed and my tears are falling. I am scared of the feeling if my body will hit the ground or do I still have time to feel. I prayed and prayed and asking for a second chance. If someone can save me...... if someone can overturn this situation. All I see was a blinding light slowly eating my sight.