61. Broken Reality

Dani's POV

I was staring at the clear blue sky. Nakatayo lang ako dito sa ground and aimlessly looking at the sky. I've been praying so much to make this feeling go away. I love Cayden, but why do I have this feeling that I am going to lose him?

I don't have the ability to predict, but I have this feeling. Like my intuition is telling me. Everyday, worry is starting to crept my chest and it was spreading fast. And I don't know why but my gut is telling me to get cautious with August.

I don't understand why. I cannot see that she's doing anything that will make me worried. In fact, I can sense that she's avoiding us. But that is the worst thing and made the hole in my heart widen. If August is obviously avoiding us, Cayden is obviously wrapped with her. I cannot tell as well if August has something with Cayden. I am not an expert when it comes with this feeling. This is my first time falling in love and I don't have that much knowledge about it.

August is a person who's hard to read. I could not even tell if she's sad or happy everytime she's facing me. She looks passive and a person who doesn't care about her environment. She has this neutral expression. Tumatawa siya if there are jokes but I could not even tell if she's really happy. Most of the time, she's hard to figure out.

If I think about her actions, there is nothing for me to get jealous, but when I think about Cayden's action, it made me jealous and it's even hard for me to show it. Cayden is being too close to other woman aside from me. Is it because they have been friends for a long time? Is that the reason? But something is telling me it is not.

I don't know what to do if I lose Cayden. Imagining it makes my heart be squeezed in a very tight position.

Confront them... why are you just letting everything go? Don't you see it? August is slowly taking Cayden away from you... you'll gonna lose him.

"No! Stop it!" Naisigaw ko. I have this weird conscience talking to me and it is the opposite of my behavior.

Why? Can't you see the truth or you are just turning a blind eye? You are not even sure if Cayden loves you. He's being nice to you, but love and being nice has a huge difference Dani... Confront them... Being a nice girl is not always the best thing...

"No! Cayden loves me! He won't ditch me!" Sigaw ko ulit at napasabunot ako sa sarili kong buhok. I wanted her to stop talking in my head. She's only rubbing a salt to the injury. "There is no way..... there is no way....." I uttered like I am about to get mad. "I—"

"Dani? Are you okay?"napalingon na lang ako bigla sa boses na nagsalita mula sa gilid ko. A beautiful face greeted me and worry is written all over her face.

"A-august....." I uttered her name and some how, I am starting to develop this nasty feeling towards her. But somehow, I don't want this feeling towards her. It's very unbecoming. "No, I-I mean I'm okay, I'm just practicing—"

This is your time to confront her... No one is around... she cannot escape... and you wanted to know the truth... go on, confront her... or better... just kill her....

"Shut up!" I felt like my iris went rigid. But that statement sent only a confusion to August's face. She's now surprised and even more worried.

"D-dani—"

"I have to go... I'm s-sorry." Saad ko rito at hindi ko na hinintay pa ang sagot niya. I walked fast. Almost running to get away from her. I have this feeling building up inside me that makes me want to hurt her. Is this what they call jealousy? I don't want this feeling and I am afraid of it.

•••

August's POV

Nagulat ako sa inakto ni Dani. I was left standing in this huge school ground and questions are left in my mind. She said she's just practicing but what is she practicing? Meditation? It's impossible to be meditation. She looks disturbed to me. Is it drama? More like it, because what I saw here is, she's like a mad girl talking to herself.