83. Memorable Dinner

August's POV

"He's my father?" I asked incredulously. Sino ba naman kasi ang hindi? I just freaking saw this man as a God! Tapos malalaman ko na siya ang ama ko? Then what am I?

"Yes. He is your father and beside him, is Mikaella. They are my friends but they are a normal mortals." Sagot ni Queen August pero napakunot noo na naman ako sa sinabi niya.

"Mortal?" I am referring with my father. I know he's not mortal. Imposibleng magkamali ako sa nakita ko and even Harithus, that cat brat confirmed that he's a God though I did not know that he's my father at that time.

"Yes. Your mother is mortal while your father is........a mortal as well." Sagot nito sa akin. I can even hint the delay of the answer when she spoke about my father.

"I see." Sagot ko na lang. I can feel that Queen Snow knows something but not willing to say anything about it. It is not my attitude to pry. I am contented with what I know about my parents, especially they are no longer here, so it really doesn't matter to know them very well, to every detail of it. I don't want to complicate my life.

"We never knew that you are the daughter of Mikaella and Clandestine. I knew that it's impossible for them to create a child—so we aren't able to know when Mikaella conceived you and born." Saad nito na halatang malugkot. Her old voice makes my heart ache. "You were born with your sister but—I'm sorry dear if I have to talk about your sister... I know you are still moving on from her death."

Ako naman ngayon ang nanigas. Did I heard it right? Queen Snow said, Augusta is dead? Or did I just heard it incorrectly?

"She was........?"

"We did not expect it. She was terribly ill." Saad naman ni Queen Ruth.

I did not expect this. Why did she die? She lived in the past! Then why she's dead? I did not even noticed that a tear already escaped from my eyes. I didn't know. Why the future was changed like this? Dapat walang namatay! But how can I dispute it? She died because she was ill. She did not die because she was killed.

"We are really sorry dear for your lost." Hingi ni Queen Snow.

I smiled silently and pretended that I am okay. I am not okay at all but I have to force a smile in front of them. I won't ruin this because of my personal feelings. This is how I taught when I was a spy. Fake it till you make it.

"It's was fine your highness. I already accepted it." I wonder why I did not stutter at all on saying those words. Even my voice is already about to crack kaya napainom ako ng tea at muntik pa akong mapaso dahil mainit pala ito.

"Are you okay Dear?" Nag-aalalang tanong sa akin ni Queen Ruth.

Tumango naman ako.

Pasalamat ko na lang at iniba na nito ang usapan. Kahit papaano ay nabawasan na rin ang masamang pakiramdam ko. Hindi na namin namalayan na madilim na pala sa labas dahil sa masarap na kwentuhan namin.

"Mother and Grandmother, you're taking all of her time already. It should be my time already with her." Reklamo ni Cayden na pumasok na pala ito rito dahil matagal na rin kami ditong nag-uusap.

"You're too obvious that you are in love. August will leave you if you are too clingy, son." Sita naman ni Queen Ruth dito kay Cayden.

"He's really just like his Grandfather." Komento naman ni Queen Snow.

"Did I just heard you were talking behind my back, babe?" Biglang sulpot naman ni King Yuan na ikinanlaki ng mga mata ko. His presence is very overpowering.

I saw how Queen Snow rolled her eyes. It seems like they only aged in physical aspects but not by heart.

"I always talk behind your back so what's the deal?" Reklamo naman ni Queen Snow rito.