Chapter 65

Third person pov

Arron is impossibly rich.

Ino didn't quite realize it before, but once they get to the bank, it becomes apparent by the look on the woman's face when she accesses the "Dusk" file. The way her face twists, pales, and colors all at once. It's an odd combination, but one that makes Arron's wealth quite clear. The woman asks, in a stutter, how much Arron would like to withdraw. The girl answers with a noncommittal shrug and a quiet: "A lot."

"I-I guess I'll see you two later, then?" Asuma asked as Arron gave him a quiet goodbye before beginning to leave, Trexx hauling a large back of cash behind him. They're off to find the address of the man renting the house out to Miss Himiko and the women in need. She has this air of determination around her that makes it so she doesn't flinch when Asuma accidentally raises his voice, or brushes against her.

"Yeah! Sorry, Asuma-sensei. Arron's a driven person." Ino gives a laugh, beaming up at her sensei one last time before rushing after Arron, who'd stopped to wait for her. The Yamanaka has the good sense not to stare too much at the bag. She didn't want Arron trying to give her money, as she knew the girl would if she suddenly got the idea. Ino liked having money, but taking money from Arron would be wrong on about thirteen different levels.

"You could have at least given him a hug." Ino whined once they got far enough. "He's your god father, right?"

"Stranger danger." Arron provided.

"But Arron, he isn't a stranger." Ino points out. Arron had come to training, where Asuma was present, several times. She could probably give the man's favorite color were Ino to ask.

"Acquaintance danger?" Arron tried. Ino snorted at her, shaking her head at the girl. She was less terrified of the word around her now, but that didn't mean she particularly liked talking and interacting with people. She still had severe trust issues, and wouldn't hesitate to sic Trexx on someone just for looking at her a certain way.

"Yeah, yeah; whatever you say." Ino snickered, glancing at the bag of money. "So uh... what's all that for?"

"I'm buying the cartref." Arron provided. "Home." 

"Ah, that makes sense." Ino nodded. She then paused. "Wait, what? I thought you were just going to pay the rent on it!"

"No." Arron said simply, not seeing the need to elaborate. She didn't seem to mind Ino's gaping, or perhaps she simply didn't notice. She simply trailed off towards the address. It was on their way home, and the Yamanaka had pointed it out. The man who owned the house wasn't particularly rude or anything of that sort, letting the women stay in several months past their due. He was simply someone of business.

The man's house was large. Ino shrunk into herself as they entered, though Arron sadly seemed used to such a big residence. That made Ino wince and want to cry just a little. Her heart always dropped a little when Arron lacked reactions to things that she, you know, probably should have reacted to. It made her chest throb with a painful thud.

"I think we're trespassing, Arron." Ino said vaguely. Arron didn't respond, instead reaching out and ringing the doorbell. Ino winced at the loud chime it gave, shifting from foot to foot nervously. The door was twice as tall as she was, standing grandly. She wondered if it would make her a bad friend if she were to hide behind Trexx.

The door flew open to reveal a man in a very expensive fur coat, with short silver hair and designer shades perched on his nose. "Acton residence. How may I help you, dear?" He asked smoothly. Ino felt he'd seen the man somewhere before. She supposed he did happen to be rich, so perhaps he'd been in the paper, or something of that sort.

"I wasn't to buy Miss Himiko's cartref." Arron said. 

"Iawn." The man grinned at her. She looked surprised at the use of her home language. "I'm rusty. Don't @ me. Come inside, and I'll go fetch the deed."

"W-Wait, that's all?!" Ino sputtered as Arron stepped in, Trexx in tow. The man checked his pocket watch. "You're just going to sell it to her?"

"It's called business, little one." The man crooned. "Besides, she's right on time! I was expecting her eventually."

"Eat sun." Trexx said. The man nodded solemnly at him as though he understood to an extent, skipping off to fetch the paperwork that went with the house. Apparently, he was just going to hand it over. Ino had to pick her jaw up off the floor, it had dropped so low. She couldn't help it. Arron didn't even seem the least bit fazed!

"Arron, do you know him or something?" Ino asked, dumbfounded.

"No." Arron said simply. Trexx was staring up at the large, no doubt expensive chandelier hanging a good eight feet above them. Ino shuddered. God, she hoped he didn't try to eat it. That thing was probably worth more than three houses combined, and she honestly didn't want Arron to have to pay for it.

"I'm Francis, by the way. But you can call me queen." The man reappeared in no time flat. Ino stared dumbfounded as he handed over the papers. Trexx thrust the bag over. "What a sweet little dog!"

"Not dog. Trexx."

"Right, of course." Francis waved a hand. Ino had definitely heard that name somewhere. "I don't think I need all that. Dump out half. Bubbles will put it in the safe later." The man whistled, and he checked his watch again. 

"Diolch." Arron said quietly, gazing up at a him. He glanced down at her over the top of his sunglasses.

"It's no problem, dear." He assured, letting out a heavy sigh. "Well, I have tea to sip elsewhere. If that's all you need, everything is in order." 

"Did you already have the paperwork ready or something? D-Don't you need to sign it over to her?" Ino sputtered as Trexx dumped out a good half of the sack of cash they had. The ryo spilled out across the marble flooring, but Francis and Arron didn't seem fazed. Arron, probably because she didn't realize just how out there this was, and Francis because he was... she had no idea. Rich? Crazy? Both?

"Of course I had it ready! What do you take me for?" Francis gasped, offended. "Now, if you'll excuse me." 

He sashayed past them. Ino felt, vaguely, like she was going to have a mental breakdown. Arron gazed down at the fat folder in her hands and shrugged mildly, turning her gaze up to Trexx. He shrugged right back at her. 

Arron wasn't sure how buying houses went, but that didn't seem too hard. Perhaps she could buy more houses. And maybe a prison, so she could lock all the bad men away in there. And then maybe she could hire people to fix the bad men. Though, she was also very aware that there were bad women too. Perhaps a house for men to escape bad women was needed as well...

She thought about Shikamaru for no particular reason and smiled. She could not wait to tell him about her new house. And about her idea for a prison... but where in the world would she get a prison? Moreover, what was she going to do when her house got full? Would she need another women's house? She had no qualms with it, of course... but where would she get one?

"You do realize that wasn't normal, right?" Ino asked as they closed the large door to the mansion behind them.

Arron raised an eyebrow. She didn't care how out-there that was. She had a house now.

"Cartref." She voiced, holding up the folder. 

Ino groaned.