Chapter 78

Bet you didn't see this one coming

Third person pov

Arron took one step into the place the final part of the chunin exams would be held and immediately wanted to leave.

It was loud, and there were people everywhere. Trexx was with her, as was Mothball and Noot. They'd refused to stay home alone, and honestly, nobody wanted to leave them there while there was nobody to watch them. Lest they wish to lose all their books and light fixtures. Not to mention Noot had crashed through several doors already. The destruction was definitely getting to be a bit much. Arron felt far better with them here anyway. Safer, if you would. 

"Come on, Arron! Choji saved us a spot." Ino said happily, her voice just barely carrying over the immense sound echoing around the massive stadium. Arron sniffed slightly, glancing nervously about at all the various people. There were a few she recognized, but pretty much everyone was strangers. She really didn't like it. That didn't stop her from following her friend to their seats though, her shadowy companions trailing loyally after her. They got more than a few odd looks, people stumbling out of their path to make way for Trexx's hulking form. Arron might've been a bit more amused were she not more terrified. 

Arron plopped down, huddling in on herself as best she could. They had fairly good seats all things considered. Ino was excitedly talking to Choji about someone named Sasuke who'd apparently be facing off against a terrifying individual named Gaara. From what Arron had gathered, Sasuke was Ino's 'crush', as it was supposedly called. If Sasuke was her crush, then Arron supposed Shikamaru was hers. Not that she wanted to crush him. She'd said this many times, but Ino had told her that the word didn't mean the same thing in this context. The whole thing was very confusion to be quite honest.

"Sun." Trexx hummed as contestants began to arrive in the arena. Arron's eyes scanned for Shikamaru, finding his head of hair relatively fast. She jumped excitedly in her seat, beaming down at his form. It was hard to see him from here, but her glasses very much helped. Trexx patted the head of Noot, who'd been situated in his lap. Mothball had squirmed his way into Arron's arms, acting as a comfort as they waited for the fighting to begin. Trexx blinked up at the sky. "Eat sun. Destroy." 

"Trexx, you do this every time we go outside!" Ino scolded. She could see Shikamaru looking around, his eyes scanning the crowds. Her heart leaped when his eyes landed on Trexx's hard-to-miss form. The lazy boy raised up a hand to wave at them, and Arron could tell even from here that he was smiling. She waved back with almost too much vigor. Choji did the same in a much calmer fashion, still munching on his chips. Ino ignored them, continuing in her scolding. "For the last time, you can't eat the sun. Not only is it too far away and way too big, but we'd literally die if something happened to it." 

Trexx stared at her in a confused manner. Ino just sighed, shaking her head as Choji quietly laughed. Getting through to Trexx about anything light related was pointless. He didn't understand. She just took solace in the fact that the sun truly was too far for him to reach. Not that he could do anything-- it was just a matter of safety was all. What would Arron do if something were to happen to him? Surely she'd have a breakdown. Trexx was her best friend, trumping even Shikamaru in most circumstances. He was her protector. Who knows if Arron would even be here right now if not for Trexx.

A blonde kid showed up just before the exams started, but apparently there was someone still missing. Sasuke, she deduced. None of these other boys looked anything like what Ino had described to her. Oh well. Arron didn't quite care about the other matches. After Shikamaru was done with his fight, she would be wanting to leave pretty much immediately. There were just so many people, and far, far too much noise. Being surrounded by so many strangers made her squirm in discomfort. What if she knew one of them? Many of the men and women she'd been sold to were rich. It wasn't horribly far-fetched to assume a few might come here to Konoha to watch the chunin exams. Especially if Ino was right and people really did come from all over to see.