Winchester Initiation

Cas and Dean were on a vacation together. 

Alone.

And for once, Dean did not miss his brother. Cas made sure his mind was always busy with other things.

And yet, Dean's mind still wandered, and as they walked towards the Impala, he stopped.

"What?" Cas asked, pausing at the passenger side door.

"You know what I just realized?" Dean insisted. "You're the only Winchester who has never driven the Impala." Cas tilted his head, confused.

"But I'm not a-" 

"Buddy, if you're not a Winchester at this point, then nobody is." Dean declared. "You're family." Cas smiled. "Seriously, though, you're the only one who has never driven Baby before! Why is that?"

"....Because I know you'd kill me." Cas insisted. "I'm barely allowed in the passenger's seat." Dean smirked, and tossed Cas the keys.

"How about we fix that?" He grinned. Cas's eyes were huge, and he clutched the keys like they were the holy grail.

"But- but I shouldn't-" Dean fought the urge to roll his eyes.

"Mom's driven the car, Dad's driven the car, Sam's driven the car- Hell, even Jack has driven the car. It's only fair that it's your turn." Cas's face lit up, and Dean smirked and climbed into the passenger's seat.

Cas climbed into the car like it was made of glass, and gently shut the door.  Slowly, he smiled and out his hands on the wheel, looking fondly at the precious Impala.

"Hello there," he whispered, and Dean tried not to laugh. "You remember me, right? I know, I'm usually in the backseat, but not today. I promise I'll be careful with you, and not crash you or anything." He patted the car.

"You're ridiculous." Dean commented, but he was smiling. There was something about seeing Cas soothe Baby that he loved.

"What are the rules?" Cas asked, before he even dared put the keys in. "This is your child, Dean, I know there are rules." Dean smirked.

"I'm glad you asked." He began. "Rule number 1, Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole. Rule 2, no dogs in the car. Rule 3, you get so much as a scratch, dent, or a piece of bird crap on my Baby, and I'll rip your freaking throat out. Got it?" Cas nodded.

"Got it." He grinned. "I feel like this is the Winchester initiation." Dean laughed.

"You don't need an initiation to be a Winchester."

"True, but if you did, this would be it."

"Yeah, you're probably right. Let's get going." Cas started the car, and they headed out. He was nervous at first, terrified of endangering the car in any way, but slowly, he got used to it, and drove a little faster.

"There you go," Dean grinned. Cas clicked on the radio, and an Aerosmith song clicked on. Dean cranked the volume, and Cas smirked, recognizing the song.

And Dean's jaw dropped at what Cas did next.

"Walk this way, walk this way!" Cas bellowed, singing along. "Walk this way, walk this way- Come on, Dean, I know you love singing- Walk this way, walk this way, Ah, just give me a kiss!"

Cas looked over expectantly at Dean, who raised an eyebrow and started to sing.

"School girl sadie with the classy kinda sassy," He sang out, and Cas laughed. "Little skirt climbing way up her knees, There was three young ladies in the school gym locker, When I noticed they was lookin' at me, I was a high school loser, never made it with a lady, Till the boys told me something I missed, Then my next door neighbor with a daughter had a favor, Took me just a little kiss, like this!"

In unison, they sang out the rest of the song, and Cas bounced his head along to the instrumental solo, and Dean just stared at him in awe.

"See-saw swingin' with the boys in the school

With your feet flyin' up in the air
Singin' hey diddle-diddle with the kitty in the middle
You be swingin' like you just didn't care
So I took a big chance at the high school dance
With a missy who was ready to play
Was it me she was foolin'?
'Cause she knew what she was doin'
Told me how to walk this way
She told me to
Walk this way, walk this way
Walk this way, talk this way
Just give me a kiss
Like this!
"

"Did you seriously just sing an Aerosmith song?" Dean asked.

"Yes." Cas confirmed.

"My god, I should marry you." Cas shrugged.

"There's nothing stopping you." Dean paused.

"Wait.....really?" Cas glanced over and smiled at him.

"Yeah." He agreed. Dean grinned.

"Well, then drive us to Vegas, Cas, where nobody cares who the hell you're marrying as long as you can pay for it."

Cas floored it, and the Impala took off down the road, an AC-DC song starting up as they drove away. 

Oh yeah.

Cas had definitely passed Winchester Initiation.