Jealousy

Sam, Dean, and Cas were at a bar in Des Moines. They were working a case, so the trio had gone out for dinner and some beers at the bar.

And to hopefully get someone's attention.

Well, Sam was hoping for attention. Dean and Cas were officially-unofficially dating, meaning that they saw each other as boyfriends, but Dean refused to admit it in public.

Sam had caught the eye of a girl at the bar, who was there with a few friends.

"I'll be back," He offered to Dean and Cas, snagging his drink and heading over to talk to the girl.

"Where's he going?" Cas asked in confusion. Dena smirked.

"He's gonna go flirt and fail." Dean predicted. Cas looked a little confused and slightly curious, but Dean didn't bother elaborating. Cas was adorably innocent like that. He had no idea how flirting worked.

Dean nonchalantly watched the bar, figuring Sam's attempts at flirting would give him a few laughs. He seemed to be doing pretty good, but then the girl's friends tried to pry her away and Sam glanced over, giving Dean a look.

"C'mon," Dean nudged Cas and stood up. "Sam needs some wing men."

"Why would my wings be helpful in this situation?" Cas asked, confused, but he walked over with Dean.

"Hey," Sam said casually. He turned to the girl he'd been talking to. "Lia, these are my brothers, Dean and Cas. Guys, this is Lia, Shelly, and Mackenzie."

"Hi," The girls chorused, eyeing them. Lia went back to talking with Sam, and Dean started talking with Mackenzie. He had no desire to hook up with her, but somebody needed to distract Lia's friends while Sam made his moves.

That left Cas, the socially awkward puppy, talking with Shelly.

"You're a cutie," Shelly commented. Cas blinked.

"Thank you?" He guessed. The smile slowly faded from Dean's face as Shelly giggled. 

She was flirting with Cas.

HIS Cas.

That was not okay in Dean's book. He called dibs. Cas called dibs on him. He had the physical handprint to show for it; no stupid bar girl was gonna take that from him-

"You're eyes are so blue," Shelly commented. "They look just like the ocean. I've never seen eyes so beautiful before."

-Yep, this bitch was going to die now. 

"You have nice eyes too," Cas insisted, innocently trying to be polite and not realizing what he was doing. "Like caramel." Shelly smiled, and Cas pointed out the butterfly shaped hair clips she had. "Those are nice. Like little butterflies."

"I love butterflies," Shelly declared. "They're my favorite animal- what's yours?"

"I like bees," 

Dean was slowly preparing to kill. His eyes were narrowed and he was glaring towards Shelly. 

That was his angel. HIS. You were not allowed to make flirty eyes at him and rest your hand on his arm and-

Dean fought back a predatory growl as Shelly reached up and touched Cas's hair.

It was on now.

Sam would practically see the quiet fury radiating from his brother, and he took the opportunity to grab Dean and pull him away, insisting that they were going to get more drinks.

"Dude, what the heck?" He questioned.

"I'm gonna kill her." Dean snarled. "That bitch thinks she can flirt with my angel; she's got another thing coming-"

"Woah woah woah!" Sam insisted. "Calm down."

"I am calm," Dean retorted, glancing back at the group. Shelly was laughing and Cas was smiling awkwardly, assuming he was doing good at a social interaction. Dean physically snarled.

"Jealous much?" Sam questioned.

"I'm not jealous," Dean said defensively. "I just don't like anyone else flirting with-"

"Cas doesn't even know she's flirting with him." Sam offered. "Sooner or later she'll realize that he has no idea what she wants, and she'll move on. Chill out, it's not like she's..."

Shelly had her hand resting on Cas's knee now, and even Sam paused.

"Okay, um..." The moose paused. Cas was completely oblivious, and Dean was one laugh short of snapping and blowing the poor girl's brains out. "We should take him out of there."

"You think?" Dean started forward, and Sam held him back. Dean would go over there, teeth bared and yank Cas away before ripping Shelly's head off. He was highly unstable when he got protective.

"Calmly," Sam ordered. "Don't kill her." Dean paused, taking his fury down a notch.

"Fine." He said shortly, and they headed back.

Dean slid over to where Shelly and Cas were talking.

"Hello Dean," Cas smiled. Shelly gave him a half smile that clearly read 'go away, I'm busy.' Dean shot her a big smile in return and took Cas's arm.

"No." He offered, shaking his head and still smiling. Cas tilted his head in confusion. "No."

"No?" Cas echoed. "Did I say something wrong?"

"No," Dean kept shaking him head, and he slowly led Cas away. "No."

"Excuse me-" Shelly started. Dean turned to look at her.

"No." He repeated. 

"I was talking to him," Shelly declared.

"Well, you're not anymore. Sorry sweetheart, try again with the next barfly." She gaped, clearly offended.

"Well it's not like I'm gonna let him talk to you!" Dean raised an eyebrow. "You're clearly rude and dressed like a lumberjack who drives a crappy car. He's a polite dignified man with fabulous sex hair, I might add, and I have every right to talk to him."

Sam buried his head in his hands, and Cas glanced between Dean and Shelly, confused. 

Dean only smirked and stepped closer to her.

"For your information," He began dangerously. "I'm not rude- I was saving you the embarrassment of realizing that A) he's spoken for, and B) he had no idea you were even flirting with him. Secondly, I drive a '67 Chevy that's more fine then your entire body, and coming after my car is a dumb blow when there's so much about me you could insult. And most importantly," He pointed at Cas. "That hottie is MINE, bitch, and the reason it looks like he has sex hair is because I made it that way. So back off my man before I end you."

Shelly stared.

"We're gonna go," Sam offered, heading for the door and shoving Cas and Dean out before his brother could inflict any more damage. Dean shot one last glare at Shelly, wrapped an arm around Cas protectively and walked out.

"And you're not jealous, huh?" Sam asked.

"Shut up." Dean scowled. Cas smiled. "...What?" Dean questioned, half grinning at the pleased look on the angel's face.

"You called me a hottie," Cas said, satisfied. "You said I was your man."

"You are."

"I know." Cas beamed. "It's just nice to hear you admit it."

"Cas, he was five seconds away from shooting that poor girl," Sam warned.

"I know. Isn't he adorable?" Sam rolled his eyes.

But hey, jealous Dean was still better then the sexual tension he put up with before.