Tall Tales

A/N: SABRIEL, set during and after 2x15

"I've been mopping this floor for six years,"

Not the first words Gabriel imagined he'd say to the infamous Winchester boys, but it'd do. It was the first time the archangel really got to look at the pair. The two boys destined to save the world. The older one, who Castiel had long since called dibs on, even though the Winchesters didn't even know angels existed yet.

And at first glance, Gabriel had to raise an eyebrow. Really? These two? These scrawny, immature brothers were going to be Michael and Lucifer's vessels in the apocalypse?

Well, Dean Gabriel could totally believe. Both he and Michael were annoying in the same way. But the tall drink of water known as Sam Winchester? Well, Gabriel couldn't believe that one. He was nothing like Lucifer.

In fact, Gabriel admitted to himself. Sam was kinda cute. 

No, his brain corrected. Sam was hot.

No, his heart objected. He's beautiful.

No, somewhere much lower offered. He's fucking gorgeous.

Frankly, Gabriel agreed with all of them. And while he knew Lucifer would be pissed if he called dibs on his birthday suit, the Trickster side of Gabe didn't care.

The Trickster side of him was thinking of various things involving the cute, younger Winchester and a can of whipped cream.

So, Gabriel stole Sam's laptop, figuring it would give him an insight of what Sam liked. But when he saw what page the screen was frozen on, Gabriel naturally assumed that Dean had gotten to the laptop first.

Cassie was going to have fun with that one.

And since he had the Winchesters roaming around, investigating and having no idea what they were up against, Gabriel did the only natural thing he could.

He fucked with the boys as much as he could.

Slashing the Impala's tires, the alligator bit, the fake alien abduction- Gabe had fun confusing the brothers and making them get even more irritated with each other then they already were.

But while the boys were searching for answers and not finding any, Gabriel was watching Sam closely. He couldn't help it.

He saw how exasperated the tall boy was with his brother. He saw the way Sam fought back a laugh and tried not to smile as they spoke to the kid who thought he'd been probed by aliens.

Gabriel fell for the Winchester boy. Fell a bit too hard for his liking.

He tried to ignore it, distracting himself. After all, he had a sweet thing going in this town. Taking out the bad guys, playing with a dog, an endless supply of sweets and strippers- what more could he need?

Sam liked dogs, Gabriel's mind shifted. He had seen the hunted stop to pet one, and he'd been smiling while Dean had just rolled his eyes and made a snide comment.

Sam didn't like sweets so much, but hey, chocolate covered strawberries still counted as fruit, right?

The moose-like man was suddenly capturing all of Gabriel's attention,  and the Trickster was not entirely prepared for it.

He had never considered the possibility that he might love someone.

Sure, he cared about his siblings. He dared to say a part of him loved Cassie, Balthazar, and maybe even Luci, but anyone outside the family?

Gabriel never expected that.

Especially not Sam Winchester.

But then the boys figured out that he was a Trickster, or, so they thought at first.

Gabriel didn't feel like spilling the beans just yet.

So he decided to let the Winchesters catch him because hey, Dean could use the self confidence boost.

And yeah, he did enjoy watching Dean get beat up by a pair of strippers because come on, that's hilarious.

And Gabriel did take a mental note that Dean appeared to have a thing for brunettes. He'd have to tell Cassie to snag a dark haired vessel.

He let the Winchesters believe he was a Trickster and that they had killed him. 

Well, for a few weeks.

And then he popped up at Bobby's one day while Dean and Bobby were out on a supply run, and the moose was all alone.

Sam had shot him. That had been cute.

Gabriel had just rolled his eyes and sighed at the hole in his jacket.

"Really?" He asked. Sam was blinking and gaping at him.

"You're the-" The moose started.

"Trickster," Gabriel finished with a smirk. "Or so you think."

"What are you?" Sam demanded.

"A friend," Gabriel countered, waltzing up to the tall Winchester. "And hopefully a friend with benefits."

"What?" Sam looked extremely confused now. He wasn't used to being hit on by guys. 

"I'll keep this brief," Gabe offered. "You're cute, I'm hot, I want to climb a mountain, and you are a human with needs. Can we make a deal?"

"No!" Sam retorted. Gabriel pulled out a lollipop and thought for a moment.

"Okay, take two." He suggested. "Can I take you out for a cup of coffee?"

"No." 

"Dinner?"

"No!"

"How about I just zap you into a room full of puppies and we play with them for a few hours?" Sam paused.

"....And you won't murder me?"

"Wouldn't dream of it, hot stuff."

"Dean and Bobby-"

"Will never even know you were gone."

".....Deal." Gabriel grinned.

Yep. This moose was perfect.

Luci was not going to be a happy camper, but frankly, Gabriel didn't give a damn anymore.

He had his Sam now.