Break up

Set in AU

Coincidence. It was a huge coincidence. Cas had literally calculated the odds of it once before, but Dean couldn't remember the exact numbers.

What were the odds that two brothers would end up dating another set of brothers?

Dean Winchester and Cas Novak had been dating for....

Well, now that Dean thought about it, he didn't really know when he and Cas had started dating. They had just gone from being friends to being boyfriends. It had happened so gradually that Dean didn't really think there was a specific time they had started dating.

Unlike Dean and Cas, Sam and Gabriel had a date.

Sam Winchester and Gabriel Novak had been dating for exactly two years, six months, and seventeen days. 

Or, at least, that's how long they had been dating when the four boys decided to go to Charlie Bradbury's party, and everything came crashing down.

The party had started out fine, and everything was fun, until Sam lost track of Gabriel.

"Have you seen Gabe anywhere?" He asked Dean and Cas, slightly concerned. It wasn't like Gabriel to run off.

"No," Dean admitted and Cas shook his head. 

"We'll help you look," Cas offered. They split up and searched through the party. Sam was starting to get worried, but then he spotted Gabe. 

He found his boyfriend lip locked with some pretty girl Sam didn't know. 

Sam didn't know what to do. He wasn't sure whether to scream or burst into tears. He thought Gabriel had cared about him. But if he really cared, then why was he kissing some girl?

Finally, Gabe had the audacity to look up, and he froze at the sight of Sam's shocked face. Sam turned and headed for the door. Gabe shoved the girl away and rushed after him.

"Sam-" He started.

"No." Sam retorted, shaking his head.

"Sammich, please-"

"I don't want to hear it, Gabe."

"Sammy,"

"Go away."

"Sam-"

"I said go away!" Sam snapped, whirling around to face him. They were standing on Charlie's front lawn now, and tears were brewing in Sam's eyes. 

"I can explain," Gabriel declared. 

"I don't care. I know what I saw." 

"Sam, please."

"What's there to say, Gabe? Were you or were you not kissing that girl?" Sam demanded. 

"....I was." Gabriel admitted.

"Then I don't need to hear anything else you have to say. I thought you cared about me!"

"I do!"

"The WHY would you kiss somebody else!?" Gabriel didn't have a response to let. He stared at Sam, looking miserable.

"Sam-"

"We're done." Sam snapped.

"But-"

"Done!" Sam was like that. If you weren't going to treat him right, then he didn't see why he should waste his time on you. He left Gabe standing shocked and heartbroken on the lawn, and ventured back into the house to find Dean.