We're So Screwed

Dean and Castiel. Castiel and Dean. A hunter and his angel.

Sam and Gabriel. Gabriel and Sam. A moose and his trickster.

So in love it was ridiculous.

There was just one small issue.

Angels were not allowed to have relationships with humans. Angels were not allowed to feel emotions at all. They were warriors, soldiers, they didn't have time for love- that's not what they were built for. And yet....

Cas watched Dean. Watched him as he sang along to his favorite bands, as he tried his best to save everyone he could, how he always blamed himself because he couldn't see the fault in anyone else he cared about. How he utterly cared so much, and would do anything for those he cared about.

Watching Dean Winchester live his life made Cas want to curl up in a ball and let out a pained whimper, because there were no words to describe the feelings that the hunter gave him.

Gabe watched Sam. Watched him roll his eyes and make sassy comments, as he researched and read more books then Gabe could count. Watched him hunt like a warrior, and train for it too because he worked harder at hunting then he did at anything else. Watched him always try to find the light at the end of the tunnel, even when no one else could find him. Watched him laugh at his goofy brother, and then act ridiculous himself.

Watching Sam Winchester live his life made Gabe want to scream, because there was no way this precious person should have ever gone through so much pain.

"I'm not in love with Dean." Cas told himself. "I'm not. Not in love with him. What even is love? I don't know, and I don't care. Dean is just a friend."

"Exactly," Gabriel agreed. "I'm not in love with Sam, either. I don't want to kiss him, or cover him in sugar. I don't, cause I don't love him. I don't even like him. I have no feelings toward him whatsoever. He is just another human."

"We are not in love with the Winchesters." Cas declared.

"Nope!" Gabriel agreed. "Not at all."

And then the angels exchanged a glance.

And then they popped up, in invisible forms, in the back of the Impala, and watched Sam and Dean laugh and sing along to some Aerosmith song.

And both of them realized how doomed they were.

".....Gabriel?" Cas offered miserably, staring at Dean.

"Yeah?" Gabe whined in return, staring at Sam.

"We're so screwed."

"Hell yeah, we are."

"The angels are gonna kill us."

"I don't even care." 

"We're so freaking in love with them."

"I know."

"It's bad."

"So bad."

"I don't even care."

"We're officially fucked, Cassie. We're done for."

"I know."

"Well," Gabe offered. "Might as well go out with a bang."

"True." Cas nodded in agreement, and they faded into view.

"Hello boys," They said in unison. Sam and Dean jumped a mile, and Dean slammed on the brakes as they both whipped their heads towards the backseat.

"What-" Sam started, but he was cut off. Gabe leaned over the seat and kissed his moose, and Cas leaned over and kissed Dean.

"Why-" Dean stammered.

"It's official." Gabriel declared. "We're both completely in love with you two."

"We're totally screwed." Cas confirmed. The Winchester boys stared at them.

"....Cas...." Dean said awkwardly. "We've been married for three years."

"Gabe, I literally just told you I loved you like ten minutes ago." Sam went on. Gabriel and Castiel shook their heads.

"Stupid lovable idiots." Cas said affectionately.

"We're so dead." Gabriel declared with a smile.

"So screwed." Cas agreed, smiling widely. 

And then the angels vanished, leaving a very confused Sam and Dean behind.

"....Okay, this is the fourth time they've done this." Sam proclaimed. "It's gotta stop."

"Aww, let them have their fun." Dean insisted.

"But-"

"Come on, Sammy, we're just as screwed as they are."

"....True."