The Wednesday Girl

Summary: An AU. The Doctor, or John Smith, writes stories on Clara.

~~

~Doctor's POV~

She's still there. Every Wednesday, a brunette girl comes into the same coffee shop I go to, she's there. She is just... Perfect. She inspires me to make time travel stories as my companion, Clara. At least I think that's her name since every time she orders coffee she puts it under Clara...

You see, I'm a writer. I'm John Smith, or as my friends call me, the Doctor. I never had the courage to say anything to Clara, since well, I'm not that good with stuff like that...

~Clara's POV~

He's always there. Every Wednesday when I'm here, he's there, typing away on his computer, sneaking a few glances at me... He reminds me of these books I buy. Tall, probably childish, bow tie wearing, floppy haired guy with green eyes called the Doctor. I think he writes these stories... Maybe I'll talk to him.

~Doctor's POV~

"Hi. Aren't you the writer of the Doctor Who series?" Clara asks and I look up from my computer. She's holding one of my books, the recent one, Trenzalore.

"Yea... You well, uhm." I never was good at this...

"Yes?" She asks me, smiling.

"You're sorta my inspiration for my stories...." I scratched the back of my head, embarrassed at my lack of social skills.

"I am?" She asks, kind of surprised.

"Yea, you're Clara. That's your name right?" I ask quietly.

"Yea I am... Are you some sort of stalker? There is such thing as too keen Doctor." I stare at her. She called me the Doctor... I think I'm in love. I can't screw this up now.

"No-I-Uhm... It's just that when you get coffee they call Clara, so I assumed." I mumbled, knowing that I screwed my one chance to get acquainted with her.

"I'm just kidding chin boy!" She laughs and I like her laugh.

"Sorry... I messed this up, didn't I... Oi! Did you just call me chin boy?" She really does read my books...

"Yup and you're doing quite fine! Wanna exchange numbers?" My face lightens up. I guess I didn't screw this up.

~~~~~

Ah well.

I am really bad at this.

Right?