The New Year Proposal

"I've never been to New York, this is certainly amazing." Clara said, looking at it's marvelousness. "I would never be able to go on New Years, especially."

"Well Clara, then it's good I took you here. The American's are gonna drop a ball in-"

"We're going to drop the ball in two minutes!" The announcer said, grinning.

"Two minutes, what he said." Clara giggled and put her head on his shoulder. At first, he froze in place, unsure on what to do. But he slowly got used to it.

"One minute now! 60, 59, 58, 57!" The announcer and everyone started to count down.

"Woah..." Clara watched and the Doctor sighed. There was a reason on why he took her here, not just because he knew Clara never been to New York.

"Clara?" He asked as everyone got to the 37 mark.

"Hmm?" She stopped chanting and looked at him.

"20!" He took out a blue velvet box and kneeled down.

"I suppose this is how humans do it but... Clara Oswald, will you marry me?!" The people were reaching the 10 mark now, but slowly crept to 5.

5! "Yes, of course!" She said and he stood up.

4! They hugged and pulled away.

3! The two look at each other...

2! And leaned in, meeting each other half-way..

1! And they kissed.

After a moment, they pulled away.

"Happy New Year Doctor!"

"Happy New Year Clara."

~~~~

It's New Years Eve, so of course, I'd give a special. :)