Never Grow Up

Come-Along-Pond gave me the song Never Grow Up by Taylor Swift and I became inspired. Not much fluff, just more thoughts and such.

~

Your little hands wrapped around my finger

And it's so quiet in the world tonight

Your little eyelids flutter 'cause you're dreaming

So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light

To you, everything's funny

You got nothing to regret

I'd give all I have, honey

If you could stay like that

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up

Just stay this little

Oh, darling, don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up

It could stay this simple

I won't let nobody hurt you

Won't let no one break your heart

No, no one will desert you

Just try to never grow up, never grow up...

~~~

As I walk down the hallways of the TARDIS, I passed by Clara's door. She's probably asleep since we just had an adventure. Deciding to check on her, I find Clara in pjs and sleeping soundly, her eyelids fluttering a bit because she's dreaming. I walk over and turn on the TARDIS nightlight I gave her to irradiate the nightmares she's been having ever since Trenzalore.

I sit back down next to her and tuck her in. To her, my jokes before were funny, she'd tease me all the time. But now that... I've changed, she's drifting apart.

I can't escape it, changing. It's a curse I have. I am forced to grow up, putting my last regeneration into the shelf. I hold her hand and I feel her soft hand wrapping around my hand and I smile quietly.

Before I changed, everything I did with her, she would laugh. Now she's quiet. Quiet as the TARDIS as she sleeps. If only it could be simple, to not grow up. She has a lifetime in human years to do what she wants... But one simple mistake on me, I'll be gone again. A new man for testing.

"If only..." I mumbled, giving a rare smile at her. I just hope, she'll accept who I am.

~~~

It's not quite romancy/adventure/etc because the song made a different impact on me. Hoped you enjoyed.

If you have any prompts, comment below. I will be working on other things and this mainly though.

Till next story that involves Daleks,

TheWhoufflePrincess