Let Her Go

Not a prompt, but I will probably put some my sadness of not watching Deep Breath and soon, Into The Dalek. XD

But on the bright side, thanks for 5k. It's just... Wow.

Just play Let Her Go by Passenger.

~~~

We were running from a Dendimo, this alien creature that seemed to be angered because Clara was a female. Honestly, what did he have against females? Anyway, we were running as fast as we could, looking for the TARDIS along the way.

"Doctor! It's gaining on us!" Clara yelled at me as we navigated through the gigantic mansion of the president that was actually the Dendimo. I let her hand go to look for the corridor that led to the TARDIS.

"I know that!" Fortunately, the TARDIS was in the next corridor I looked in. I ran towards it, assuming Clara was right behind me. I closed the door quickly, taking big breaths.

"Phew, we made it through that right Clara?" I looked over and didn't see Clara. Instead I heard pounds on the door.

"Doctor!" I heard Clara yell from outside the TARDIS doors.

"Clara..." I tried to unlock the door, but it wouldn't budge. After a minute, the poundings stopped.

"Oh no no no no!" I cried out, opening the door, now that it would actually unlock.

"Clara?" I whispered into the slight darkness. No response. But when I walked away from the TARDIS a bit, I felt a clothing item. I picked it up and put it towards the TARDIS light. It was Clara's cardigan. I went back into the TARDIS and sat in one of the seats of the TARDIS, holding the cardigan in my hands, treating it like a fragile glass.

She's gone now. I let her go. I felt my face become slightly wet as tears leaked from my green eyes. She was my best friend to heal me from the disasters of my tortured life of losing. Now another cut has been made in my hearts.

~~~~

One hour has passed and I decide to put her picture in the room of the ones I've lost. I place her beside Amy's photo and I look at Clara. Brunette hair, brown eyes, a personality ready to protect and care, with an extra hint of cleverness. She's... Perfect. I've never realized...

"I love Clara." I mouthed out slowly, realizing what I've just lost. Someone that I loved more as a friend. I've lost Clara. All because I let her go.

The empty TARDIS had a little verse, repeating over and over again.

'Only know you love her when you let her go...'

~~~

Yea no happy ending there. Unless you want one.

Keep sending prompts or songs. XD