𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬

9:58pm | 09/29

"so you're really gonna go through with this?" I asked while staring down at my plate

"yeah. it's fucking two million dollars. plus it's more valuable to your dad than it ever would be to me. I don't even think I'd consider moving to Oklahoma, no matter how nice that house is, it's just not a right fit for me"

It's been a week now since we both got back from our trips. Tonight is our first official date night, something we plan to have at least twice a month to keep the spark.

All week Sai has been debating over whether he should take my dads offer or not, but now he's come to a conclusion. In my opinion he should wait. As he says himself he has no use for the money right now, and the house will still be there after he graduates.

I've seen how money changes people. It's not that I don't want him to have it, but I just don't want him to be driven by it. Especially since he's still kind of childish at heart, he'll probably let the money take over.

"what's wrong? you don't think I should do it?" He asked

"it doesn't really matter what I think, you said you wanted to make this decision on your own and I'm respecting that"

"aight but just tell me what you're thinking, I won't let it affect my decision"

"no it's stupid"

"come on babe, what you think?" He asked while placing his hand over mine that was resting on the table

"well. it's just—well—two million dollars. I know how money can change people for the worse. I just don't want to lose you when I just started to get to know you"

"babe you won't lose me, I promise. I actually got that covered. even though I'm getting the money now I'm not actually going to use it. I've decided to invest some, as well as turn some into bonds. I will keep some to buy my new car and for regular expenses, treat myself a little but I am dealing with it wisely. This way in a couple of years that two million can be like 10 million. trust me you're dealing with a smart nigga"

Him saying that actually had me relieved. I'm glad he's being smart about it. I don't know much 18 year olds that would decide to invest two million dollars. Most would be buying a mansion, cars—plural, helicopters, yachts, chains, any and everything to prove they have money.

"Hello guys, I hope everything is going well" Our waitress said while passing by

"yeah umm can we order dessert now?" Masai asked

"sure let me just go get the dessert menus and I'll be right back" She said before walking away

"mmm dessert? you really are rich" I joked

"only the best for the best" He said before winking at me

corny.

The waitress came back with two dessert menus for us then walked away to go fill up the neighboring tables water.