𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

08:51am | 01/21

Masai slowed down as we pulled up to my residence hall

Masai slowed down as we pulled up to my residence hall. It's been a long 5-6 hours but we finally made it. He doesn't like stopping for breaks so we only stopped once and that was for gas but we got to use the bathroom too.

"damn I'm gonna miss this place" Leigh said from the backseat

"you're coming back though"

"yeah but not here. we moving off camp next semester right?"

That is the plan. We all decided that we'd move off campus in the fall and share a house together. It'd be Masai, Leigh, Wayne and I. Because of that we're looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom house. Masai suggested 4 just in case things don't work out with us—not that it wouldn't but it would be smart to have an insurance plan. That way we won't be stuck sharing a room if something goes wrong.

"yeah we still doing that"

Masai put the car in park then unlocked the doors. We all got out and headed towards the entrance. When we got inside there was a desk attendant there which Leigh had to go check in with. Even though we had our keys the school put locks on the locks of our doors which would only be removed Sunday.

The guy behind the desk ended up coming upstairs with us to unlock it then left. Leigh then unlocked the door and opened it.

It was weird yet familiar seeing my room after a whole month and some change. I actually miss being here because it gives me something to do. I've never been away from school for such a long time so it's weird being home all the time.

"I don't even know what to start off with" Leigh said while staring at his side of the room

It's pretty tough what he's going through. He hasn't exactly told us what happened but I know it's family related. Maybe he just can't afford school right now? or maybe it was his grades—but then again he didn't do terrible. I didn't want to ask though because if it were something he wanted us to know he would've told us.

He started off with his clothes, which didn't take long since he brought most of it back home for break. Then we helped him pack his other stuff in moving boxes which I brought along since we had a lot leftover from when we moved.

"so this is it?" Leigh said hours later after we had completed packing his stuff

The room now looked half empty—awaiting it's new resident.

"if my new roommate is a murderer I'm blaming you"

"I'll murder that nigga then" He said

"I'm gonna miss you, you were a great roommate" I said walking up to him

"same to you bro. had it not been for you my grades woulda really been trash, you helped keep my head in the game"

We slightly bro hugged for a minute then finally headed downstairs to the car. I can't wait till I get to come back to campus.