𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

11:17am | 12/26

I woke up and Masai was no longer next to me

I woke up and Masai was no longer next to me. He left sometime around 5am to catch his flight home at 7am. Driving to Cali from here would've taken days so he left his car here and plans to rent one over there for the time being.

I sat up and grabbed my phone from under my pillow. He texted me a couple of times letting me know when he arrived to the airport, when he boarded the plane and when it was taking off. I was supposed to stay up until the flight took off but I fell right back to sleep after he got in the Uber.

I rubbed my eyes then peeled the covers off of me to get out of bed. I went straight to my bathroom and rinsed my face first. I also had to pee so I did that, washed my hands, then brushed my teeth.

We didn't really eat dinner last night so my stomach was growling. I went over to my closet and put on a pair of pajamas and then headed downstairs.

The kitchen was occupied by my dad and Bernice who were apparently cooking.

"dad I hope you marry her because I'm finally getting fed, not that it matters anymore anyways" I said before sitting on an island stool

Bernice started laughing but he didn't find it very funny.

"we actually have an announcement to make, we were gonna wait for Storm but who knows when she'll come back"

finally they're gonna tell me.

"well what is it?" I asked pretending to have no idea

"well...we've been together for a while now, and things are getting serious. you know neither of us are getting any younger so well...we're—"

"pregnant. I know. congratulations!"

"wait what?!" They both said at the same time then looked at Bernice's stomach

"p-pr-pregnant" I said now a little less confident

"no! why would you think that?" My dad asked "wait are you?"

"no!" Bernice answered quickly

"well on the cruise she didn't drink, and she was nauseous, plus she has the pregnant woman glow—according to Masai"

I knew I shouldn't have listened to him, he's not the brightest of the bunch. He may have a high GPA but he lacks intelligence elsewhere.

"ohhhh" They both said then laughed a little

"no honey. I was just sea sick, I didn't want to mix that with alcohol. and my skin glowing is because of a new cream I started using" She explained