𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔰𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫

01:12pm | 04/15

"niggas say that shit all the time, if I had you I'd be claiming you as mine too" Ty said while still looking at his laptop screen

"yeah I know—you just had to be there. the way his voice got deeper and his eyes got darker, it was in a possessive way. I don't want to feel like I'm someone's property, my ancestors did not fight for this"

"aight now you dragging it, it's not that deep. he just letting you know that he's not with the cheating antics. I'd tell Ant the same if we were serious. now let's focus 'cos you got a test Friday"

We're in the library doing our weekly study session. We decided to do this so that we'd get to spend time with each other throughout our busy schedule. Plus it's great for me because the classes I'm taking now he's taken last year which means he can help me, especially in accounting.

We usually don't talk about Masai—or our relationship problems in general during this time but what Masai said yesterday really bothered me. I'm not oblivious to guys calling their significant other theirs, it's just the way he said it that scared me.

"how are you and Ant?" I asked referring to the boy he's been talking to since Christmas break

His name is Antoine—Ant for short—and from what I've heard he's pretty cool. Because of distance they haven't gotten the chance to be as close by now as they'd like to be but it's going somewhere at least.

"we chillin. he said he wanna come next week since it's his spring break" He said in a way that didn't seem thrilled

"what's wrong with that? you don't want him to catch you with your hoes?" I joked

"nah it's just—I don't want him getting the wrong idea. I'm not serious about us like that, which I've told him. I like our vibe but I don't see it going past what we are now. He's just someone to talk to and occasionally get my nut with but that's really it"

"but what does that have to do with him coming here to visit? you get to see him and 'get your nut', I don't see the problem"

"'cos that's how it's gonna start. just a casual visit to my school then soon it's gonna be inviting himself to events or maybe asking to meet my parents. I think he thinks he can get me to change my feelings but that's not about to happen. if he comes that's fine but I don't wanna hear nothing when I treat him as he friend that he is"

There wasn't much to say to that since it's not really my place to tell him what to do in his relationship—or lack there of in this case. I just hope he finds whatever he's looking for in life because he's a good person and deserves the best.