𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔱𝔴𝔬

08:17pm | 12/20

"daddy this actually isn't half bad" Cai's sister said

She's right, I was expecting far worse since Cai's always saying his dad can't cook. it's not five star but it definitely is tolerable. it's a normal meal if I may.

"thanks. since the boys helped you and Tavian are in charge of dishes" He smiled

She didn't seem pleased by that but her boyfriend on the other hand didn't really care.

"Bernie bought bun and cheese...help yourselves. uh Masai come upstairs with me, I have some house business to discuss with you" Cai's dad said standing up

I stopped caressing Cai's thigh under the table then stood up.

"Jakob you too" He said then started to walk to the stairs

I followed behind him and so did Jakob. We walked up the stairs and to his room.

"sit" He said pointing to his bed

I didn't feel comfortable sitting on it but Jakob had already taken the only other chair so I just sat. He went over to his messenger bag and pulled out his laptop.

"after the security system incident happened Jakob here decided to have our friend double check, just in case" He started then walked over to me

"yeah?"

"nobody actually went in apartment, it would physically be impossible with all the measures I've gone through, but someone was very persistent on making it look like they had broken in"

"I'm sorry sir but what does this have to do with me?" I asked not finding any correlation

He opened his laptop then did something on it for a few seconds before turning the screen to face me.

"you see, after removing the code on the security footage of our apartment he found this. you see these two people walking around right? we'll they're not really there, just edited to make it look like they're there. but here's the interesting part, watch"

I watched as the two people randomly walked around the living room. finally one of them walked over to the corner where the camera was and waved. after waving he removed his mask and looked back up at the camera and smiled. it was me...

He paused it then looked up at me.

"now obviously I know it's not actually you, you're here with us. so then I started thinking, obviously someone wants to paint you as the bad guy, but who?"