𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

06:11pm | 04/24

"Hey God...I know it's been a while and...it seems like I only talk to you when I need something but this time I really need you. I know everything happens for a reason but I can't possibly understand a reason for him to die. God I...I swear on everything I'll be good...I'll be the best person just please don't let him die. Please God! I don't want to lose him...I can't. Please...please...please...please—"

"Caiah?" I heard someone say from outside the stall

I got some toilet paper and wiped my tears before flushing it and leaving the stall.

Taylor and Majesty stood right outside the stall waiting for me.

I started to cry more once I seen Taylor since I needed my twin right now more than ever.

"when did you get here?" I asked as I walked up to him for a hug

"your dad, Storm and I just got here a minute ago"

"bro he's gonna make it okay, you can't think negatively right now" Maj said while rubbing my back

"He's been in surgery for three hours already...that can't be good"

The bathroom door swung open causing us all to turn our attention towards it. My dad was now walking in with a T-Mobile bag in his hand.

"give us the room boys" He said as he walked towards us

They nodded then let go of me to do as he said.

He stopped right in front of me then pulled me in for a hug. I immediately started bursting out into tears. I don't think I've ever cried this much. Not only for Masai but also the situation that just occurred this morning.

"He'll be fine kid, I promise" He said

"you don't know that"

"I don't...but I have a really good feeling. the same thing happened to his father when I was with him. he got shot twice, once in the back and once in the knee. the shot to his back was so close to his spinal cord that he was almost paralyzed or even dead. I was in this same position as you right now, maybe even worse. I felt guilty like it was my fault, he had warned me almost an hour before it happened, but I didn't listen. moral of the story is that he made it, and so will Masai. they're strong men, the Kings definitely don't give up and that's something I learned the hard way"

"what's in the bag?" I asked while wiping some of my tears

He pulled back and held up the bag to me.

"new phone, you said over the phone he broke yours...and your watch and Airpods too right?"

I took the bag but didn't even bother to check it. It's probably the newest iPhone in the highest capacity, just like my old one, nothing to get excited about.