Death of Me (Chapter One)

*Arizona POV*

"Hey Matt anything else you need done while I'm waiting on my next client?" I ask my boss 

"No just hang out at the front desk in case anyone comes in, I'm gonna finish up some paperwork in the back" Matt is one of the best bosses I have ever had. Moving here to L.A was a big deal  to me and a huge opportunity. So when Matt called me and offered me a spot at his tattoo shop I couldn't have been more excited. 

I have been tattooing for about 4 years since I was 17 I'm now 21. I have really worked hard on perfecting my craft and have even won a few competitions. My style is color anything color, I can do others but color is my favorite to do. I'm originally from Ohio which is where my family is, so I'm out here by myself but it's been nice to just have some space to work harder on my craft. I've only been here about 5 weeks and its the best shop I've ever worked in, Matt has really made me feel at home.

The only other tattooer at the shop is Scott Ball he's pretty cool and bad ass Japanese tattoos. I currently am staying with him until I find a house that I like and can afford, I mean I make decent money working for Matt but L.A is expensive, so I'm saving up. 

I'm currently sitting at the front desk drawing out some new pieces I want to tattoo eventually. When the door dings meaning someone was entering the shop. I look up to see 5 guys walking into the shop. One was mid height and had a camera in his hand, three of the guys were wearing all black and were big guys. The last guy was tall with short but curly hair, he had enough tattoos to cover his forearms from the shirt he was wearing I couldn't tell if he had more under his shirt.  I could see both of his hands were pretty covered and he had two face tattoos. I couldn't say much I'm pretty much covered in tattoos except my face. 

"hey I'm Arizona what can I help you guys with?" I ask looking at all of them not knowing which one was going to respond but had a feeling the tattooed guy would be the first. "I'm Austin is Matt here?" 

"yes let me page him" he gave me a small smile. "hey Matt Austin is here" 

"I'll be right up give me a few minutes" I knew Austin could here him respond so I just kind of hand gestured and said "i think you heard him" I chuckled. He smiled at me causing some what of butterflies even though I had not a clue who he was, and why he was so important he needed body guards. He and his crew I'm guessing walked over to some chairs and sat down. I continued drawing like I was doing before. 

"How long have you worked here for? I've never seen you around here and I come in often." Austin asks walking back up the the counter and leaning against it. "I just started about 5 weeks ago so I haven't been here long." I finish with a smile.

"what are you drawing?"he says as he looks over the counter. "Oh just something I want to tattoo, clearing my mind" "can I see it?" So I pick up my paper and sit it on the counter and slide it over to him when our hands touch, causing me to feel those butterflies again as I pulled my hand away. 

Knock it off Arizona you don't know him, just because you haven't been laid in over a year doesn't mean every man should give you butterflies I tell myself. "Arizona" I zone back in and noticed Austin moving his hand in front of my face "sorry I zoned out for a second" I said pushing my hair behind my ears and letting out an embarrassed giggle."it's okay you're a damn good artist Arizona" I couldn't stop staring into his eyes they were just so blue and beautiful. "Arizona you're doing it again" Austin was once again waving his hand in front of my face, "sorry I was just staring at your eyes, they are just beautiful." I know he could see the shock on my face, "I don't know why  I said that I'm so sorry" I know my face was turning red at this point.

"It's okay beautiful you have amazing eyes too" did he just call me beautiful at this point my face had to be as red as a tomato. Finally I hear Matt walking up behind me "hey man whats good?" he says grabbing Austins hand. "I was wanting to know If you could take a walk in and give me a new tat" Austin asks looking at Matt.

 "actually man I would love to but I have dinner with the wife in about half in hour and I can't miss it." Austin looked disappointed. They started walking over to where Matt's station was which was right behind the counter. 

"hey man whats up with the beauty you hired and never told me about" I could hear Austin ask I don't think he knew I could hear him so I kept drawing like I didn't hear a word.  "she's a bad ass tattoo of black and grey and you know I needed help around here and loved her work. You know she might be able to do a tattoo for you if you need one today, I'm not sure of her schedule but you could ask." 

"man you've been the only one to ever do my tattoos is she as good as you? I mean she's got a pretty face and can draw" "Austin you know me I wouldn't let her work here if she wasn't as good as me if not better" 

To pass time i get on Instagram and decide to make a post with a picture I had Scott take earlier

Liked by Michelletheone, MammaA, postmalone, and 1010 others

ArizonaRain1 living my best life out here in California

Michelletheone Girl I miss you so much ugh and whats post malone doing liking your shit?

Username4 what a hoe, she can't have my man

Arizonarain1 @Michelletheone your guess is as good as mine I've only heard a few songs from him and i don't have a clue what he looks likes

In my head I don't really care what he looks like rappers aren't really my thing. I'm not sure how he found my Instagram and I really don't care he's most likely a dick anyway I mean I like maybe 5 songs of his, he has a good voice just not what  I need to worry about right now. Especially when I'm already dealing with this guy thinking I'm not the best tattooer and doubting me. And the fact that he keeps giving me butterflies its annoying. I put my phone away. 

"Hey Arizona can you fit a tattoo in today" Matt asks as I turn around pretending I didn't hear a single thing " I have a client coming it in about 20 minutes for an hour long tattoo then after I can" 

"sounds good beautiful" Austin looks at me and smiles causing me to smile too, man I'll have to watch out for him he could be the death of me with those blue eyes. 

**Hey guys I hope you enjoy this chapter, I know it's slow but I want you to have the back story to some of the characters. I really hope my writing can improve with every chapter!

 the next few chapter will be me trying to get the back story going.

 I will try my best to update at least twice a week hopefully with being on break from college I can update 3 times a week! 

vote, comment let me know what you think :)