Lucky Ones (Chapter Twenty Four)

I'm on the way to pick up my mom at the airport, I am so excited to see her, I miss her more than she knows. Austin had rehearsal for his show in Vegas I plan on driving out tonight after I pick my mom up. He wanted us to both come there, I never thought someone would be so excited to meet my mom. I pull up to the airport and park my car walking to where I knew my mom would be entering. I haven't felt that well since we've gotten home my stomach has been upset and weak to food. I had to of eaten something bad while in Indianapolis. I was hoping whatever it was, it was gone by the time we got to Vegas, I wanted my mom to have a good time at Austin's concert.

"Oh honey!" my mom said pulling me into a tight hug. "I've missed you so much darling." She said pulling away and kissing my cheek. "I forget how covered in tattoos you are!" she said standing back and looking at me. She used to hate them until I started getting them, but I think she was still trying to get used to liking them, I'm hoping she doesn't shit when she sees Austin's face. "I missed you mom" I said picking up her bag. "we're going to drive to Vegas if that's okay with you, we're going to go to a concert." I said, "I've never been to Vegas that's so exciting do I get to meet Gerald there?" She wouldn't call G by G she used his real name as she always said on the phone. "Um not exactly. I'll explain in the car." I said as we made our way to where I had parked.

"Are you hungry mom?" I ask as we pulled out of the airport. "Oh no honey I ate so many snacks on the plane!" she said rolling down her window enjoying the beautiful sky, there's not a cloud in sight. With it being end of August it was starting to cool off a little, not much for California, nothing like the weather I had experienced in Ohio. "it's so beautiful here no wonder you are living here!" she said as she stared outside. "are you ever moving back home?" she asked all of a sudden. I hadn't really thought about it with Austin being here I don't think I could leave him, but you never know where the future will take us. "Um not at the moment but we will see in the future, you could always move out here?" I said hinting I would love for her to live here. "Oh, honey I can't leave Ohio, what about my sister? It's okay I want you to live your dream out so if you want to stay in California that's okay." She said patting my leg.

"Will I get to meet all your friends here? like I think you said his name was Swae? Ariana? And Austin?" she said trying to pronounce Swae right. "Um I think just Austin mom, but when we leave Vegas, I'll take you to meet the others." "What about Gerald honey? Isn't he your boyfriend?" I guess its time to spill. I told her all about us breaking up leaving out the part of Indianapolis she didn't need to know she would worry to much. "I'm with Austin actually he gave me this promise ring." I said showing her with my free hand. She loved the ring "it's so beautiful" as she looked at my hand. The rest of the car ride was just normal talking catching up with our lives.

Finally, we arrived in Vegas, I send a text to Austin "Hey were here, I'm going to book us a hotel and then we can meet."

"No go to the Aria Sky hotel and Tell them my name and I'll be there in a few"

We pulled into the parking lot of this massive but beautiful hotel, it looked way out of my budget. "wow" was all my mom could get out of her mouth. We walked into the lobby and were both looking around like we've never witnessed something so beautiful. "Hi, do you need a room?" the man at the front desk asked looking at both me and my mom. "Uh Austin Post please" I said hoping that was the name he put it under and not Post Malone. "Ah yes right here, let me get you your room key." He said disappearing to the back. He showed back up a second letter "here you go ladies, top floor." He said handing us the two key cards.

We take the elevator up to the top floor and find the room number. I put the card into the slide and the door beeped and opened. "wow" we both said at the same time looking at each other. The view from this room was breathtaking, I can't wait to see it at night time. The room was huge it had a kitchen. Two white couches, a dining room table and two doors across the whole room form each other. I looked down at the table and noticed a piece of paper "Hey baby this is our room for the next 3 days, you and I are in the room by the couches and your mom is in the room by the kitchen, I'll see you soon, I love you" and it had Austin's name at the bottom. I put it back down looking up at my mom who was standing in front of the window.