Happier (Chapter Fifteen)

Arizona's POV

It's been a long two weeks. I've been trying to keep my distance from Austin, when I went home with G I made out with him but that's as far as it got because all I kept seeing was Austin's face. It killed me, I wanted to have sex with him so bad, but it was just Austin was all I could think about, that's how I knew I needed to keep a little bit of space from him for a while. I have been texting with G though every single day, and I've got to say I'm starting to fall for him a little.

Which is something I think is good for me to keep my heart off around Austin, I truly missed him and seeing him call me every day, but I still want to be his friend I just needed my heart to listen to my brain and not love Austin any other way. Wow, love? That's what I'm trying to prevent. But now somehow I find myself driving to Austin's, I could hear how sad he was, and I could hear how drunk he was.

I pull up to Austin's house and I see a white car sitting out front, and I know it's not Austin's, but I just decided to ignore it and I walk in "Austin?" I yelled not seeing him anywhere in the front room. No reply. "Austin?" I yelled again nothing. What the hell? I walk upstairs and see the spare bedroom door cracked open and the light on. "Austin?" I walk in and see something that made my blood instantly start boiling.

I see Kylie on top of Austin, she's shirtless I instantly turn around, but something caught my eye, I decided to turn back around, and I see that Austin is passed out, not moving a single inch. She looks at me and gives me this wicked smile. "get the hell off him!" I yelled walking over and pushing her. It was just a reaction I didn't plan on pushing her. "He called me to come here bitch" she said getting up and grabbing her shirt. "I don't really give a fuck what he did but he is currently not awake as you can see, I'm not going to let you take advantage of him bitch" I said mocking her.

God what a bitch. She walked over to me and now we are pretty much nose to nose when I can see her lifting her hand up ready to slap me and I stopped her arm right before it connected. "That's something you don't want to do" I said to her causing her eyes to get big "Why wouldn't I?" she yelled causing me to jump a little, I wasn't expecting her to yell. Before I could react, which was going to be me punching her in the jaw Austin pops up. "Kylie get the hell out now!" he yelled louder than I've ever heard him yell.

"Austin" she walked over to him trying to put her arm on him and giving him the pouting face. I couldn't roll my eyes back any further. "Don't Austin me. I told you to get the hell out of my house. You will never attempt to put a hand on her again." He said pointing over to me. She walked past me shoulder checking me before hearing the front door slam shut. Leaving just me and Austin looking at each other. I was hurt that she was her. Why would he call me and her to come here? But I could see still how drunk and sad this man was.

I wasn't going to ask tonight, I'll wait for another day. "Austin you look tired honey, let's get you to bed" I said walking over to him and grabbing his hand and walking him down the hall to his bedroom. "Arizona I'm so sorry you had to see that, whatever it was." He said rubbing his head, which I'm sure is pounding. "Austin you were passed out and she was trying to take advantage of you" I said trying not to get pissed again. "I called her, Ari but I didn't tell her to come here I told her to go to a hotel and I would meet her there but then I called you and you said you were coming to me and I couldn't meet her, I wanted to see you." He said rambling on.

"Austin its okay I promise." I said rubbing his arm and walking into his closet to get him a fresh shirt. He changed into his shirt and he looked so damn cute. Ugh. He pulled down his jeans and is now standing in his boxers killing me. Once he's laid down in the bed, I cover him up and kiss his forehead. Walking to the door getting ready to leave. "Good night Austin" I said turning to turn off the light "Ari?" I hear Austin say quietly "Yeah?" I turn around "Will you sleep with me tonight? Just sleep?" he said, and I can't say no to him, not while he's in this state. "Sure," I said turning off the light and kicking off my shoes walking over to his bed.

I climb into the bed and pull the blanket over me and laying my head on Austin's chest "Arizona I know we're just friends and that's okay with me, its taking me time to get used to it, I see on Instagram with you and G and you look Happier you do" I could hear him choking up a little like he was going to cry causing me to have a tear slip from my eye. He was right I was happy when I was with G I've had a good two weeks talking and hanging out with him he even took me on a surprise trip one day. "if that means that you are moving on with him that's okay, I need you in my life, Ari, even if it means as just a friend, we have such a strong connection that I can't imagine life without you in it."

My heart ached because I felt what he did that strong connection, but I know friends is what we need to be. "what I tell you next please don't freak out about it and don't feel you have to say anything" causing my stomach to turn with nervousness. "Arizona I love you, and I know we've only known each other for a little while but I know my feelings I know what my heart feels for you. I don't expect you to say anything back, please don't just let me know how I feel about you and don't say it back because it would crush me." He said causing my eyes to release more tears and I could feel him wiping a tear from his face. Love is such a strong word, but he sounds so sure, but he's also drunk so for tonight I'm going to let it go and see if he even remembers it tomorrow.

"Arizona don't reply to this just please go to sleep darling" he said playing with my hair

"If he breaks your heart like lovers do, just know that ill be waiting here for you" kissing my head before I closed my eyes.