Flicker (Chapter Forty One)

(sorry for all the Austin POV)

Austin's POV

Arizona opened the door and once we made it in, she let go of my hand and walked over to Michelle, Adam was on the other side holding her hand. "oh my god" Arizona said, and I ran up behind her because I could tell she was going to collapse again, and I wasn't going to let her touch the ground. "here baby stand here for a second let me pull this chair up. I put the chair behind her and tell her to sit and I push it beside Michelle's bed.

She's hooked up too probably 10 machines, she has tubes coming out from everywhere. I only met her that once, but my heart was breaking to see her in this way. And seeing Arizona this torn apart is really killing me. "I'm going to be right over here," I told Arizona walking over to another chair away from her bed. This needed to be Arizona and Adam's moment. I could see the bruises all over her face, her head was wrapped in white gauze so I'm assuming she has brain damage. Watching Arizona holding her hand and crying is tearing me apart.

"Michelle you have to come back, you were going to move to LA and be around me and Adam come on baby girl, come home," Arizona said squeezing her hand, I think she was hoping she would squeeze back but nothing. I watched Arizona let out a sigh of disappointment. I decided to send a group text to Swae and Ariana. We haven't really seen Swae since the England tour he was back home visiting his mom. I got two texts back immediately

Ariana- Oh my god do I need to come to Ohio?

Swae- I can be there tomorrow if she needs

I smiled seeing how quick they would drop everything just to make sure Arizona was ok. It made me feel better that Carrie would have a harder time getting to her with her "crew" as we call Arizona's friends. Which they have become my friends too, well Swae was already, but I swear Arizona and Ariana will have sleepovers in our bed with me in it. They are best friends and I love to see Arizona smile, so I'm friends with Ariana too. I texted both back letting them know that I'll talk to Arizona and see what she wants.

Its been about an hour and the room has been silent since the last time Arizona talked. Her head was down on the bed and honestly, I think she's sleeping by her breathing Adam has just been staring at Michelle. Finally, the door opened, and a woman walked in which I'm assuming Michelle's mom since I can tell she looks like her. "oh Arizona" the woman said, and Arizona shot up hugging her. "I am so sorry Debbie, I what happened?" Arizona asked and now I know a name. "I'm not sure, all I was told was she was hit by someone running a red light, she was unconscious when she got here and hasn't woke up since, they said she was awake for a few minutes talking to the people who found her," Debbie said trying not to start crying again.

"was she talking?" "yeah, they said she said something about a text, and then she got hit." "a text from who? Do you have her phone?" Arizona asked looking concerned what was she thinking? "no, they couldn't find it anywhere near or in the car, it wasn't on her when she came in. Arizona she also said after the lady asked about if she felt any pain, she said Arizona, make sure she's ok. And she passed out after." Debbie said causing my eyes to widen.

Why would she say to make sure Arizona was ok all the way in LA? Carrie? Was Carrie texting Michelle? Could Carrie have paid someone to hit Michelle? Is that why the phone is missing? I felt my heart sink if it was Arizona would never forgive me this was all my fault. If she loses her best friend, I'll never forgive myself for putting her in this situation. I knew Carrie was crazy, but I didn't know this crazy. I look up at Arizona who was still talking to Debbie and not paying attention to me which was a good thing because I know she would be able to tell I was scared.

Me- Carrie what did you do?

I sent a message to that number and waited.

C- I never said this was Carrie. I don't know what you're talking about.