Human (Chapter Forty Four)

Arizona's POV

Well yesterday was amazing for me, it was a good day, I really enjoyed spending time with my mom and spending time with Austin's family it was a really good day. Well today has gone to shit. Rich and Jodi are supposed to leave tomorrow and honestly, I was about to beg them to stay here with us. Let me go back a few hours ago so you understand why my day has gradually gotten worse.

I woke up to an empty bed, as a sat up looking to see if Austin was in the bathroom the door was open and I could tell he wasn't there, so I figure might as well get up and hunt down the man I love right when I throw the blanket off the bedroom door opens and I see Austin walking in holding a tray of breakfast foods. "I cooked you breakfast" he said sitting the tray down into my lap "you cooked breakfast?" I asked tilting my head and raising my eye brow.

"well your mom and Jodi helped me, but I put in the effort it was my idea" he said raising his hands defensively. "well thank you baby you didn't have to do this." I said putting a piece of bacon in my mouth. "you are my queen and as you should be treated my darling." He said getting up and kissing my forehead. He walked over to the bathroom and got into the shower. After I finished eating, I got dressed and walked into the front room where my mom, Jodi and Rich were sitting watching TV and talking.

"How was breakfast honey? We helped Austin make it, but it was all his idea" mom said as I sat down, and I told her how good it was and that I really loved that he came up with the idea on his own. "He must really love you Arizona, I have never seen him act this way for a girl, he always put his career first and now he's putting you first it's a beautiful thing" Jodi said smiling at me. I blushed a little, it really warmed my heart to know he treated me different than other girls, that's why I love him.

Austin finally walked out of the room wearing a pair of basketball shorts, a black t-shirt and I could tell that his hair was still wet, but the curls were still forming perfectly. He walked over to me and plopped down next to me kissing me on the cheek before talking to his dad about the football game yesterday. I lean back and Austin puts his arm around me, and I cuddle under it and talk to my mom and Jodi, it was really a nice morning, I wish Austin's fans could see this side of him, the normal not famous side.

All of a sudden, I hear a knock at the door and get up "I'll get it!" I said walking over to the door, no clue who it could be. I open the door to see someone I didn't want to see "N-Nicole?" I said opening the door some more so Austin could see, I looked back at him and he jumped up off the couch coming up behind me. "W-What are you doing here?" it's like I couldn't get the words to come out of my mouth. How in the hell does she know where my mom lives? Carrie? God damn it I'm going to kill her; I always try to live by the moto treat people with kindness, but she is really testing me.

"mom what are you doing here?" Austin said again since she didn't answer me. "well someone texted me and said you were having a get together and you didn't invite me, so I got the address from someone and here I am baby." She said walking pasted me pulling Austin into a hug. "gee don't mind me." I said rolling my eyes, but I don't think she heard me.

That bring me to the present and now you understand why my day took a bad turn. "mom this is Austin's mom Nicole, Nicole my mom Shannon" I said as she made her way to the seating area where everyone was. This had to be fucking Carrie, how in the fucking hell did she know where my mom lived. Nicole shook my moms' hand and then shook Rich and Jodi's hands. Jodi looked at me and rolled her eyes.

She also gave me a sympathetic look. We all sat in silence for probably 10 minutes before my mom asked Nicole if she was staying here over night "Well since my lovely son didn't invite me, I have a flight home late tonight so I'm only here for a few hours." She looked at me giving me a death stare. I really don't understand why she hates me so much. My mom still hadn't caught her staring at me thank god, my mom wouldn't handle that very well, she's feisty. After that it got silent again and everyone just kind of looked at each other, it was stupid awkward.

"well I hate to leave this party, but I have to get to work, I'll text you here in a few, nice meeting you guys. I love you honey." My mom said getting up and hugging me and walking out the door. Then the silence fell over us again. "Arizona why didn't you invite me here?" Nicole said looking at me, of course she's going to talk now. "I um I " "Let me stop you right there, you are a bitch for treating Austin they way you do, you have done nothing but try to separate him from me just so you can have sex with him and brag about it since he's famous. You are a-"

I felt the tears starting to prick my eyes and I knew I was going to cry within seconds. Austin stood up to cut his mom off but before he could Jodi stood up. "look here, Arizona is a blessing to Austin that girl works, she never asks Austin for money, not once had she ever talked about how much she loves him being famous and for a matter of fact maybe you're the one who wants something to do with him since he has money. Your son loves this girl, hell we all do you don't get to talk about her like this, especially in her mothers house."

The tears started falling but now it was because of the sweet words Jodi said. "why do you hate me? I don't get it, can't we just get along for Austin's sake?" I said whipping the tears off my cheeks. "baby its okay." Austin said coming over to me grabbing me and pulling me into him. "come on baby ill take you to the room" Austin said but I stopped him.

"No I need to know why she hates me so fucking much." I said looking at her again and she gave me another glare. "because I know what goes on behind closed doors, they don't" she said pointing to Jodi and Rich "What are you talking about?" I said flailing my hands confused. "You know damn well what I'm talking about, but It will come out in due time I'll leave for now." she said and hurried out the door.

What the hell was she talking about behind closed doors? Jodi and Rich both walked over to me and hugged me telling me they loved me, and I just hugged back "I think I'm going to take a nap, enjoy the house and eat whatever you want." I said walking to my bedroom and shutting the door locking it. I heard Austin knock lightly and ask if everything was okay but I just ignored him. "Arizona I'm here for you, I love you" he said and i once again ignored him and i heard him walk away.

I was hitting my breaking point and I'm not sure if I can keep being with Austin with everything going on. I love him with all my heart, but I think I need a break. I think I need a break from Austin. Maybe then everything will stop. I can only talk so much, until I've had enough cause I'm only human.

Authors note

uh oh Arizona is breaking tbh my heart is breaking for her and

it's my made-up character!

do you think she needs a break from Austin?

do you think they will survive a break?